Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Yes I just installed Andrew's new version "variant_javascript" on Zen Cart 1.36 and it works good. Easy install. Just two files to upload, no editing, merges or overrides required. See the original GA mod support thread for info.

Woody

Plugin Contributions

Hey guys- There are 2 different versions. So? They both work. Please post your comments about Andrew's version in the other thread.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Hey guys- There are 2 different versions. So? They both work. Please post your comments about Andrew's version in the other thread.
    Huh? I certainly wasn't dissing Cuda's version/contribution. Rather I was stating another version was available and working, just as cuda had posted in the "other" mods support thread. Frankly I don't understand what the big deal is in doing so. Happy Holidays!

Plugin Contributions

works perfectly

Plugin Contributions

I have this installed on ver 1.2.7, it records the visits and goal conversions, but not the transaction and order value. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I installed this on v1.37, went through the readme and followed all the instructions yet on the google analytic site, I'm still getting the message:

Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: 2007-01-28 7:13 PM PST.)
    The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

Could I have missed something or does it take a while for it to find the code when I have it re-check?

thank you,

betty

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bettysue View Post
    Hi,

I installed this on v1.37, went through the readme and followed all the instructions yet on the google analytic site, I'm still getting the message:

Tracking Not Installed (Last checked: 2007-01-28 7:13 PM PST.)
    The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

Could I have missed something or does it take a while for it to find the code when I have it re-check?

thank you,

betty
    Betty Did you go into the admin and go to configuration->Google analytics configuration and enter your Analytics account number? it should not be UA-XXXXXX-1 it should be your actual account number from google.

Also give me a url and I will take a look.
    ---------------------------------
    Barracuda Productions pure instincts

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    I have this installed on ver 1.2.7, it records the visits and goal conversions, but not the transaction and order value. Any ideas where I am going wrong?
    Nellie - This module has not been tested on 1.2.7 so not sure the problem but lets fix the problem. can you give me a url so I can take a look

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    Hey nellie I am back to help....

ok first things first view the source of your home page:

Code:
    <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "UA-861757-5";
    urchinTracker();
    </script><script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    _uacct = "UA-861757-5";
    urchinTracker();
    </script>
    Notice the double up of tracking code. This is probably due to you adding a hard coded version as google suggests and using the one line include from this module. Remove the hard coded line from your template all you need is this line (modified with dr bytes suggestion to check the file is actually there):

PHP Code:
    <?php
    if (file_exists($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php'))
        {
        require(
    $template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
        }
    ?>
    This maybe the issue as to why you are not getting checkout tracking it may also have to do with paygate. What is the test credit card number for paygate so I can make a fake purchase and check the code?

cuda

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    Hey nellie I am back to help....

ok first things first view the source of your home page:
    Thanks Cuda, been away for a few days. I have removed the hard coded script in the footer, it now looks right when you view the source. Iwill have to contact Paygate re the dummy creditcard No, I dont have it off hand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast