Page 157 of 217 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Searching through threads and trying to find an answer - hoping someone here can help. It seems that no matter if I use this module or I'm inserting analytics code manually, ALL orders placed through paypal or check/money order aren't being tracked by google. Only my credit card transactions.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm using the standard IPN paypal module. Thanks and apologies if this has been covered.

Plugin Contributions

If none are being tracked then there has to be a problem with how you are returning the users to the site after a successful order. The only way Google (r any other tracking system on your site) will ever be able to track a sale from a site like PayPal is if the customer returns to your site after the sale. If they don't all you'll see if them 'leaving' (going to paypal) and never returning.

I have worked with hundreds of sites that use PayPal and all track just fine with Google Analytics. I would highly recommend you use the Simple Google Analytics module to insert the code on your site. Manually inserting if not done correctly (you don't just insert the code in one spot for it to work) will get you undesired results.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Manually inserting if not done correctly (you don't just insert the code in one spot for it to work) will get you undesired results.
    thanks for your help and advice. still searching on why this is happening. i've been using the module to track conversions for several months now and scrolling back, I do see orders being tracked, just not all of them and usually paypal orders.

to address your last point, do you mean to say I can't just paste the google conversion tracking code into my checkout success page and be done with it? what else would i be missing?

Plugin Contributions

For proper conversion tracking, can you plewase advice what setting this shouyld be set to?

Provide details about the page where this conversion will be tracked.

Page security level HTTP or HTTPS

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Anyone please?

I just want to make sure I've got the right settings for Adwords to track the conversions. I've spend over an hour already going through this thread, but have not found details on Adwords Conversion setting.

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ttfan View Post
    Anyone please?

I just want to make sure I've got the right settings for Adwords to track the conversions. I've spend over an hour already going through this thread, but have not found details on Adwords Conversion setting.

Thanks a lot!
    From your Zen Cart admin (Simple Google Analytics Configuration) just set the "Converison Tracking" to active (on) and then add your Adwords conversion tracking id number. Save and you're all set.

Conversion tracking is added (as it should) to the checkout success pages. Remember, only conversions that came directly from a click on one of your ads will be recorded in Adwords. If you get a sale that came from a source other than Adwords, you'll see that conversion in the Analytics side of things (providing you have that all setup correctly.)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bi11i View Post
    thanks for your help and advice. still searching on why this is happening. i've been using the module to track conversions for several months now and scrolling back, I do see orders being tracked, just not all of them and usually paypal orders.

to address your last point, do you mean to say I can't just paste the google conversion tracking code into my checkout success page and be done with it? what else would i be missing?
    A few things ...

1) The only "conversion tracking" script Google provides you with either relates directly to Adwords or Optimizer. There is no 'conversion script' for Analytics. Analytics automatically tracks your conversions if you have the proper code in place.

This module places the proper code in the right locations (even for Google Adwords conversion tracking) throughout the site and on the 'checkout success' pages.

So if you go and manually try to add the code to those page(s) you'll conflict with what is already in place.

2) If talking about Google Analytics, then the 'added tracking' which would be placed on the checkout success page is the 'ecommerce tracking'. However, this too is already inserted along with my module, so no need to manually add that either.

3) If you just place the conversion tracking script that Google gave you (for Adwords of course) on your thank you page, you might track a conversion, but you won't have the dynamic tracking ability that my script provides. So instead of getting an order for $50 (as an example) recorded as $50, you'll get an order, but it will likely show either $1 or "$0" for the value.

The module I've built automatically takes the order information and adds it to the proper locations to be tracked.

In short, everything you need to track all types of transactions is included with the Simple Google Analytics module. You shouldn't have to place any tracking code manually anywhere on the site. Doing so could conflict with what is already being tracked.

If you added manual code you likely caused a conflict. I would recommend removing the manually inserted code and letting the module do the work for you.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    From your Zen Cart admin (Simple Google Analytics Configuration) just set the "Converison Tracking" to active (on) and then add your Adwords conversion tracking id number. Save and you're all set.

Conversion tracking is added (as it should) to the checkout success pages. Remember, only conversions that came directly from a click on one of your ads will be recorded in Adwords. If you get a sale that came from a source other than Adwords, you'll see that conversion in the Analytics side of things (providing you have that all setup correctly.)
    Thank you for the response, but what I need to know is what Adword setting I need to have for:
    Page security level: HTTP or HTTPS

Does this refer to the security level of the success page? I've currently got it set to the default of http

I've had one conversion so far, so it's obviously doing some tracking, but the URL it lists on my Adwords conversion page is the home page of my Zencart site (with the https).

Thanks for all your time you spend here... much appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

It doesn't matter what setting you tell Google you have (secure vs. non-secure) because my module also automatically detects that and adjusts accordingly.

The only reason Google asks you for that is so that you can generate the tracking code to place on the page, and again, you don't need the tracking code because the module already has it in place.

Let me know if that helps.

(P.S. If you really want to find out if you are https or http then you can complete an order ... it doesn't have to be after clicking one of your ads if just testing ... and then while on the checkout success page just look at the address bar of your browser to see if the page is secure or not. It can be different based on the way you installed zen cart and configured it.)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Hi!
    Just installed google analytics on my website (zen cart 1.3.9), changed account number in admin/google analytics but when i checked the status , show tracking not installed. Double checked if all the files are in the right place and they are but it doesn't work. Any idea, anybody? Thanks.