Page 200 of 217 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2161
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Hi,

I've installed this, and am not getting any errors, but cannot tell if it's working or not.
    On my Google Analytics page, I see "Upgrade to Universal Analytics", and also, to the right of my Tracking ID, a messages that says:

Last checked: Nov 8, 2013 1:25:57 PM PST
    The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

Do I need to convert to Universal, or maybe I missed something?
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I solved my problem. I had used an old template folder by accident, rather than the current, newer one, that I had installed about a year ago. Once I changed that, and copied the appropriate files there, it worked, and I immediately saw a test transaction.

Plugin Contributions

Glad to hear you got it working!
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Hey Eric I have a question for you. Why doesn't the new Google tracking code work (Asynchronous) work.
    When I activate that one the Google Analytics code doesn't load at the bottom of the tpl_main_page.php page.
    (Urchin) works just fine but (Asynchronous) don't. This is kinda strange don't you think. Thanks in advance.
    It should work (I've got it running on a number of sites just fine.) The Async code should show at the top of the page (not the bottom). Have you looked there to see if it exists yet? If it doesn't exist, do you have any type of affiliate tracking system in place? Sometimes this plays with the code a little and there is a slight adjustment you need to do to make that work. I've been working for a long time here on a completely new Simple Google Analytics module that includes a lot of new features Google now offers. It has taken some time as I am including in it the ability to 'check the install' to make sure users install it correctly (and the install is now as 'automatic' as possible). I really wanted to have this out a few months back, but need to get these last few items in place before I feel comfortable releasing it (I've got it running on a few of my own sites now that I work with but have yet to release it to the general public.)

Let me know answers to the above questions and I'll see if I can help you figure out why the tracking code is not showing on your site.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    It should work (I've got it running on a number of sites just fine.) The Async code should show at the top of the page (not the bottom). Have you looked there to see if it exists yet? If it doesn't exist, do you have any type of affiliate tracking system in place? Sometimes this plays with the code a little and there is a slight adjustment you need to do to make that work. I've been working for a long time here on a completely new Simple Google Analytics module that includes a lot of new features Google now offers. It has taken some time as I am including in it the ability to 'check the install' to make sure users install it correctly (and the install is now as 'automatic' as possible). I really wanted to have this out a few months back, but need to get these last few items in place before I feel comfortable releasing it (I've got it running on a few of my own sites now that I work with but have yet to release it to the general public.)

Let me know answers to the above questions and I'll see if I can help you figure out why the tracking code is not showing on your site.
    Hi Eric I changed it back to the Async code again to check and now it's showing up. Strange but all seems to be working now. No affiliate tracking system but adwords. I have to see if it is going to collect data. Thanks for your time.

If you need another tester for the one your working with now send it to me I'll test it for you.
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I've been using google anaysis for a while. Last week, I was reading google had an updated version (universal tracking) so I started the upgrade. After a few days I got my new google tracking code. Here is where I screwed up.

1. I forgot that under my configuration menu, I had a nice place to update my tracking code. Instead, my brain said "i should put it in the footer".
    2. I edited /includes/templates/mytemplate/common/tpl_footer.php. I put it near the end, right before some code for a google campaign. I saved it. I cleared my cache and viewed my home page and now on the bottom is writes some code:

pageTracker._trackpageView(.......

3. I went back to take the code out and start again and the code wasn't there. I still had my CuteScapeFTP set to that file so I was like what the heck. I manually looked in the header fiile but it wasn't there either. Now my brain is stumped, where did that code code. It must be somewhere cause it was causing weird things to happen.

4. I used the tools/developers toolkit to search for the code PageTracker and found it in google_analytics.php. The code is:
    echo "
    pageTracker._trackPageview();
    pageTracker._trackPageLoadTime();
    ";

So I figured that something was missing that it was now echoing to the screen instead of where it should be.

4. This was when I remembered that I installed that module. So I went to menu->configure google analytics and turned off the custom code section. THe message goes away on my page. If I turn it on, it comes back. I replace the code with the code google gave me, turned it on but still got the writing so I turned it off again.

Then I found this discussion where it seems like you guys have it working. My questions are:

1. Where the heck did the code go that I pasted in step 2?
    2. What should I do now? Do I need to uninstalled google_analytics and reinstall it?

I am trying to be logical and methodical but I screwed up and forgot to backup my footer file before i started. I have a backup but wasn't sure how old it was. The dates do something weird when I download from my server using FTP (that is on my list to fix). My server has a backup of today but that will cost me $35.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Linda

Plugin Contributions

I forgot to say I'm using version 1.3.9h..

Plugin Contributions

It looks there a few people already asking questions related to this but does anyone have any information on getting Universal Analytics to work with this plugin?

I'm currently running Zen Cart version 1.3.9h but I'm planning on setting up a dev site to see if i can upgrade to 1.5.1 without breaking anything and to see if I can get this to work with Universal Analytics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Can someone point me in the right direction? This is showing up at the bottom of all pages, and it is installed somewhere on a page, due to my install. I know the snippet of code must mean i screwed up, but cannot find where to remove it. I think this was part of my GA installation, done improperly, but was definitely a tracking google thing. Help, where do I delete this code, as I cannot find it with developer tools anywhere. firebug shows it, but not to my knowledge clearly enough to know where to clear it.

Many thanks,

Marc

pageTracker._trackPageview(); pageTracker._trackPageLoadTime();

visible on http://reasonablerigging.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Trademagic View Post
    Can someone point me in the right direction? This is showing up at the bottom of all pages, and it is installed somewhere on a page, due to my install. I know the snippet of code must mean i screwed up, but cannot find where to remove it. I think this was part of my GA installation, done improperly, but was definitely a tracking google thing. Help, where do I delete this code, as I cannot find it with developer tools anywhere. firebug shows it, but not to my knowledge clearly enough to know where to clear it.

Many thanks,

Marc

pageTracker._trackPageview(); pageTracker._trackPageLoadTime();

visible on http://reasonablerigging.com
    The code on your site looks like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-44438669-1");
    pageTracker._initData();
    <script>
    (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
    (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
    m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
    })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-44438669-1', 'reasonablerigging.com');
    ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

</script></body>

It looks like you put the universal analytics code inside the regular tracking code. And the closing </script> tag before

is causing that to show because it isn't within a script tag.

If you can tell me what it looks like at the end of /includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php right before the closing </body> tag I can probably help you fix it.