Page 52 of 217 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Now Available: Simple Google Analytics version 1.2.0 (ga.js version)

I'm happy to announce the release of Simple Google Analytics version 1.2.0!

This version has a few changes and updated instructions.

The main change for this version is the conversion of tracking code away from the previous "urchin.js" version, and toward the new "ga.js" version released by Google in December 2007.

A quick note. The new code released by Google required altering a number of elements including the e-commerce tracking portion, so, anyone who tried to use the following post to implement changes to code on their own (before this release) will definitely want to update to this version.

Important Note:
    The code snippet posted here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=491 by another zen user is incorrect and should not be utilized. It mixed old "urchin" code with new "ga" code which could cause unexpected results.

So again, if you used the instructions posted there to try to implement any changes on your own, you will want to update using this official 1.2.0 version.

Version 1.2.0 is available for immediate download from here:
    http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...de-compatible/

And will be sent to the Zen Cart downloads section today as well. But for those of you that can't wait for it to be posted by the Zen team to that section, you can use the above link to get it now.

In a future release (1.2.1) even more items will be added that utilize new features of the ga code. For now, this will get you everything you need. (the "future updates" will just be "extras").

Enjoy!bolded
    Last edited by econcepts; 14 Jan 2008 at 07:01 PM. Reason: bolded some text
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

[FONT=Arial]Hi,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Yenmax.com store opened on[/FONT][FONT=Arial]website since August 2007. I have a sitemape index file, which is registered at google and Yahoo. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Google Analytics says my [/FONT][FONT=Arial]PageRank not yet assigned. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]How long I have to wait to see my pageRank? Any idea? Please let my know.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yenmax View Post
    [FONT=Arial]Hi,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Yenmax.com store opened on[/FONT][FONT=Arial]website since August 2007. I have a sitemape index file, which is registered at google and Yahoo. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Google Analytics says my [/FONT][FONT=Arial]PageRank not yet assigned. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]How long I have to wait to see my pageRank? Any idea? Please let my know.[/FONT]
    That is a question for another forum / thread. PageRank has nothing to do with Google Analytics itself.

A general answer though of what page rank is a measure of can be found here:

http://www.zencartoptimization.com/2...orgot-the-www/

In short, you need incoming links to increase your page rank.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

I just downloaded and installed the simple google analytics mod, and am wondering if there is a way to tell if it is working.

I have a store as a link on my main site, as the store isn't actually the main focus of this site. When I do a view source for my store home page, the google account number is showing up, so I assume it should be working. When I did the install, I am not sure if I missed a step, or misunderstood a step, but I didn't install the "Admin" folder from the download. I only installed the "Include" files and sql. The configuration does allow me to input the google analytic account number.

Appreciate any input as to whether I have done this correctly.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kenwvs View Post
    I just downloaded and installed the simple google analytics mod, and am wondering if there is a way to tell if it is working.

I have a store as a link on my main site, as the store isn't actually the main focus of this site. When I do a view source for my store home page, the google account number is showing up, so I assume it should be working. When I did the install, I am not sure if I missed a step, or misunderstood a step, but I didn't install the "Admin" folder from the download. I only installed the "Include" files and sql. The configuration does allow me to input the google analytic account number.

Appreciate any input as to whether I have done this correctly.

Thanks,
    Were you upgrading to the new version, or were you installing it for the first time?

If you were installing it for the first time, then by *not* uploading all files, you probably did not complete the install correctly (at least that is what it sounds like from what you described).

If you are upgrading (depending on from which version) you may already have the admin files in place.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Ok So I have Zen Cart 1.3.6, want to install Simple Google Analytics with new installation steps

I replaced the files and put them correctly.

I installed the SQL patch. (including putting that line before the body tag)

I made sure the zv_load part does exist.

I then configured it in Zen Cart Admin.

My google analytics tell me ' Tracking code not detected '

lol I am frustrated.

Please help,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by odayict View Post
    Hello,

Ok So I have Zen Cart 1.3.6, want to install Simple Google Analytics with new installation steps

I replaced the files and put them correctly.

I installed the SQL patch. (including putting that line before the body tag)

I made sure the zv_load part does exist.

I then configured it in Zen Cart Admin.

My google analytics tell me ' Tracking code not detected '

lol I am frustrated.

Please help,
    Make sure you gave Google the correct url to find the tracking code at. Don't forget the trailing slash.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same prob: the code is not appearing on the pages, and Google Analytics says tracking not installed.

All 3 files uploaded to right spots.

SQL file run without errors.

Google tracking Id entered in Admin > configuration.

Google Analytics configuration updated; this store is not the main focus of our website, so I added http://www.coreknowledge.org/bookstore/ and gave default page as index.php.

I'm using Zen Cart 1.3.8a, and it has the special zv_onload body tag in tpl_main_page.php, which I'm using in its default form, not customized.

When I view product pages, or the home page, I do not see the Google Analytics code being generated on the page.

I'd love to get this very nice mod working! :)

---Diana

Plugin Contributions

ah, never mind, I missed a step! Always pays to read again, very carefully! (D'oh!)
    3. At the bottom of /includes/templates/[your_template]/common/tpl_main_page.php
    Copy and paste the following lines of code (found below) just before the </body> tag:

<?php
    require($template->get_template_dir('.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'google_analytics') . '/google_analytics.php');
    ?>
    odayict, this could be happening to you, too, check those installation instructions!

Plugin Contributions

help question Not Seeing Sales and Sales Information on Analytics

Hello,

I have implemented the module and am seeing that it is tracking but I am not seeing the transactions in the ecommerce section of Google. I did a test order and the checkout success pages looks as google is requesting. Does it take longer than normal for them to show? I implemented yesterday and don't see anything yet? I can see my google checkout ecommerce transactions.....

Thanks,

Shrimp-Gumbo