Page 53 of 217 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Seeing Sales and Sales Information on Analytics

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    Hello,

I have implemented the module and am seeing that it is tracking but I am not seeing the transactions in the ecommerce section of Google. I did a test order and the checkout success pages looks as google is requesting. Does it take longer than normal for them to show? I implemented yesterday and don't see anything yet? I can see my google checkout ecommerce transactions.....

Thanks,

Shrimp-Gumbo

I found it! It looks like it is working... Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Quote Originally Posted by dbrewster View Post
    ah, never mind, I missed a step! Always pays to read again, very carefully! (D'oh!)
    odayict, this could be happening to you, too, check those installation instructions!
    Yep. Pays to read closely. ;)
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    I found it! It looks like it is working... Thank you!
    Sometimes it just takes time for Google to actually report the data it gathers. Patience is a virtue.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

will this work for 1.3.8, we have it on our 1.3.7 and it works fine.... thanks
    MonkFunk Music Community
    Free Music Website

Plugin Contributions

For ecommerce- some of my orders don't have the items or amounts in them... some are Paypal and some are Credit Card (authorizenet_aim). Any idea why it is working sometimes and not others?

Thanks,

Shrimp-Gumbo

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone covered the fact that the installation sql deletes important configuration data related to attributes and breaks zen-cart?

I had to run these SQL commands to fix my zen-cart install after installing this analytics module.

Code:
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Image Handler Version', 'IH_VERSION', '2.0', 'This is used by image handler to check if the database is up to date with uploaded image handler files.', 0, 100, NULL, '2007-06-06 16:47:03', NULL, 'zen_cfg_textarea_small(');

will this work for 1.3.8, we have it on our 1.3.7 and it works fine.... thanks
    MonkFunk Music Community
    Free Music Website

Quote Originally Posted by mrblaq View Post
    Has anyone covered the fact that the installation sql deletes important configuration data related to attributes and breaks zen-cart?

I had to run these SQL commands to fix my zen-cart install after installing this analytics module.

Code:
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Product option type Select', 'PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT', '0', 'The number representing the Select type of product option.', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Upload prefix', 'UPLOAD_PREFIX', 'upload_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between upload options and other options', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Text prefix', 'TEXT_PREFIX', 'txt_', 'Prefix used to differentiate between text option values and other option values', 0, NULL, '2007-03-19 17:57:39', '2007-03-19 17:57:39', NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Image Handler Version', 'IH_VERSION', '2.0', 'This is used by image handler to check if the database is up to date with uploaded image handler files.', 0, 100, NULL, '2007-06-06 16:47:03', NULL, 'zen_cfg_textarea_small(');
    I just installed this mod in my 1.3.8 do I have to run this code so my cart won't break?
    MonkFunk Music Community
    Free Music Website

Plugin Contributions

I'm running 1.3.8a and I had to. I noted that in the GoogleAnalytics.sql file, these commands right at the beginning deleted a bunch of stuff:

Code:
    SET @t4=0;
    SELECT (@t4:=configuration_group_id) as t4 
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title= 'Google Analytics Configuration';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    First of all, the default install of zen-cart on my system never had a configuration_group_title of 'Google Analytics Configuration' Thus t4 remained set to 0 and then anything in my DB that was configuration_group_id == 0 was deleted.

This in turn deletes the following configuration keys from my configuration table:
    PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT
    UPLOAD_PREFIX
    TEXT_PREFIX

And that's just not right.

I now don't know why the following table row is needed. I just used it on recommendation of Ajeh in this thread. It wasn't deleted by the analyytics install.

Code:
    I'm 97% certain that none of the modifications or additions I've made to the base zen-cart package have caused this error for me. I'm writing this so you will be able to know how to fix your zen-cart IF this problem arises.

So, in conclusion, you CAN install google analytics just fine. BUT, it will probably mess up your products attributes AND you can fix it by running the query I mentioned earlier.

Thanks,
    Dave

how can I test if I need to run some other code that this deleted or replaced? how do I know?
    MonkFunk Music Community
    Free Music Website