Page 57 of 217 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Google Analytics - Support

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    Good point to make to everyone here. MySQL 5+ doesn't like "blank" values in areas. It prefers "NULL". If anyone is using MySQL 5x and has this problem, you'll want to add the "NULL" in place of any "blank" spot in the SQL query.

In the next release of Google Analytics, I'll update the SQL query to include the "5x" compatible code.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Nice add-on. Quick and easy to install as well. Just remember to upload ALL the files.

I'm on PHP Version 5.2.5 and I didn't have any errors at all and it's working fine. Is there something I should look out for?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swingandmiss View Post
    Nice add-on. Quick and easy to install as well. Just remember to upload ALL the files.

I'm on PHP Version 5.2.5 and I didn't have any errors at all and it's working fine. Is there something I should look out for?
    Glad you like the module. I got some future update plans for adding even more options in line with the ga.js tracking as they become available.

You should be fine with what you have (nothing needed to look out for). I checked your site, and it looks like the code is installed and tracking correctly.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by econcepts; 27 Jan 2008 at 03:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to check if conversion tracking is working without making a test purchase?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swingandmiss View Post
    Is there a way to check if conversion tracking is working without making a test purchase?
    The only way to check if a conversion is really tracking (as in shows in your reports) is to make a purchase. You can simply make a purchase then refund yourself since it's your store if you want. Or put it in test mode and make a purchase. Or add a new payment method like (COD) temporarily and then make your purchase (so no money ever changes hands but the thank you page shows) then turn off the COD payment method after you complete your test.

Keep in mind that conversion tracking will ONLY track those clicks that come DIRECTLY from a paid search ad. So, that means you have to first search on your ad in Google then click the ad (which means you pay for the click) and then complete the purchase.

If you do not first click a paid search ad to get to your site, then conversion tracking will NOT show any results.

Why? Because as Google states, "conversion tracking is for tracking the effectiveness of paid search campaigns". It works in conjunction with that. Without a paid search campaign running, conversion tracking is non-existent in reporting (as it relates to paid search).

Hope that makes sense.

To sum it all up. If you want to check to make sure Conversion Tracking is working, then you need to first find one of your paid search ads in Google (by doing a search on one of the keyword you are bidding on) then click the ad and complete a purchase. Just going directly to your site (not through a paid search ad) and completing a purchase will show "1 purchase / sale" in your analytics account, but "0" (zero) conversions based on that sale (because the sale came from a source outside of the paid search realm.)
    Eric

I have the some problem... i put the UA Number but is not working....
    someone can help me?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conceptocelular View Post
    I have the some problem... i put the UA Number but is not working....
    someone can help me?
    Got a link? What is "the same problem" referring to?

Post those and we'll get you an answer.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Having set up Google Analytics a few times, I think there is an error in their instructions.

To get my tracking working, I have to enter the URL of the site without an http:// prefix.

---Diana

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    The only way to check if a conversion is really tracking (as in shows in your reports) is to make a purchase. You can simply make a purchase then refund yourself since it's your store if you want. Or put it in test mode and make a purchase. Or add a new payment method like (COD) temporarily and then make your purchase (so no money ever changes hands but the thank you page shows) then turn off the COD payment method after you complete your test.

Keep in mind that conversion tracking will ONLY track those clicks that come DIRECTLY from a paid search ad. So, that means you have to first search on your ad in Google then click the ad (which means you pay for the click) and then complete the purchase.

If you do not first click a paid search ad to get to your site, then conversion tracking will NOT show any results.

Why? Because as Google states, "conversion tracking is for tracking the effectiveness of paid search campaigns". It works in conjunction with that. Without a paid search campaign running, conversion tracking is non-existent in reporting (as it relates to paid search).

Hope that makes sense.

To sum it all up. If you want to check to make sure Conversion Tracking is working, then you need to first find one of your paid search ads in Google (by doing a search on one of the keyword you are bidding on) then click the ad and complete a purchase. Just going directly to your site (not through a paid search ad) and completing a purchase will show "1 purchase / sale" in your analytics account, but "0" (zero) conversions based on that sale (because the sale came from a source outside of the paid search realm.)
    Yes, I understand about how it works (although good explanation!), but I was wondering if there was an easy way to fudge it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shrimp-gumbo-mmmhhh View Post
    For ecommerce- some of my orders don't have the items or amounts in them... some are Paypal and some are Credit Card (authorizenet_aim). Any idea why it is working sometimes and not others?

Thanks,

Shrimp-Gumbo
    Hello,

Anybody other than me not seeing all transactions that they would expect to see?

There are many authorizenet_aim transactions that I think should definitely be on the analytics report? I guess Paypal might not show up if users don't come back to the checkout_success page.

Shrimp-Gumbo