Plugin Contributions

Default Add note to my Checkout_Payment

I am trying to Add a note to my Checkout_Payment.php page saying "A 2% surcharge will added for Business and Rewards Card credit cards. No surcharge for personal credit cards". This is to cover the extra charge my credit card company charges for these cards. However, in this Checkout_Payment .php file, I don’t even see some of the existing text that appears on the site, so where do I add this text? AM I looing at the right php file? This is the file that shows up in properties in the checkout page. Also, if anyone knows a good solution to charge Business credit cards that extra 2% please let me know.

Kevin
    www.cvtreasures.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add note to my Checkout_Payment

Are you even allowed to charge any extra for business cards? I know the card companies forbid you to charge extra for accepting cards.... Be careful you don't get in trouble.

A lot of text is stored in files like /includes/languages/english.php, to allow multi-language switching in templates. Look for something like that related to your checkout module. The Developer's Toolkit in admin can help you locate the file - look up a distinctive snippet of the text you want to replace or add to and you can find where it is defined.

Plugin Contributions

Actually Link Point recommended I setup a Business and Personal Credit Card link to charge the extra 2% on business cards.

Plugin Contributions

From a consumer standpoint you would chase me away, unless I am buying wholesale and know in advance. You would be better off to raise all of your prices by 2-3%.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Good point