Plugin Contributions

Default order pickup at store

We want the orders picked up at our store by the customer. (1) Can this be set automatically?(2) Can I add text to the invoice? "Orders must be picked up at the store"

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: order pickup at store

You could set the Shipping Module to Store Pickup ...

Note: if you only want some Products to be Store Pickup only and others to be able to be shipped then you will have to do customization and decide what to do on mixed orders ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have a related situation - we sell all types of items (Pawn Shop) and some are too large to be shipped, others will be available for shipping - what is the customization procedure you speak of for mixing? I saw another thread with the suggestion to create different product types to be selected when the new products are added, but I'm not sure on what files need to be edited/added/modified. AS for mixed orders, ideally there would be a way to allow the shippable items to be shipped if requested, while the pickup items would still need to be picked up. Any help is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

This would take quite a bit of custom coding as there isn't a method built in at this time for multiple shipping options to run at the same time ...

You could add a new field to the products table to indicate which can and cannot be shipped ... then you would need something to show the customer which products are not able to be shipped ...

If the cart is all non-shippable products, then it could force the store pickup only ...

If no non-shippables then it can run normally on shipping ...

And if mixed, it could show which products are non-shippable and shippable and add a comment to your regular shipping module(s) that some things will ship and others would not ...

Further customization on the email order to flag the products would also be a good idea ...

But again ... you are looking at quite a bit of customization to make all of this work together in a logical manner that the customer can understand ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info - after multiple searches of the subject on these forums with little success, I had a feeling it was going to be beyond my patience/ability level (designer, not coder!).

I am surprised this isn't a common issue with Zenners - seems like something a lot of stores would want the ability to do. Do you know if there are any plans to implement multiple shipping options in future releases? Thanks again...