Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Options

I was wondering if there was a way to make the first option, the "please select from below" option so it could not be picked. I am selling clothing and I want the buyer to choose from the sizes but I don't want to put it on a default size like small. I want the default option to be "please select from below" or something like that and make it so it is unselectable. Or if they try to put the item in the cart without selecting a size it notifies them to select a size. Any way to do this, is it built in?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Options

Set it to Display Only on the Attribute ... and set to Default ...

Now the customer has to pick a different one as this cannot be put into the cart when marked as Display Only ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks I didn't even know those options were there. I have another question for you though and this one might be a little harder. I've installed the attribute but stock plug in. I was wondering if there was a way to make it so if there are no more of a certain size it won't let someone put the item in their cart. For instance, for a style of shoes. If we are out of size 6 then either the option in the dropdown list disappears or it simply won't let you add them to your cart. Right now its set so if someone does order an item out of stock it lets them put it in their cart but notifies them and puts it on backorder. Further I was wondering if I could make some items so people are able to order them and pay for them if they are out of stock and then other items make it so they can't. The shop has items that can be ordered if someone orders one and then they also have items that they can't get anymore. Thanks for the responses

Plugin Contributions

No clue ... didn't write the add-on ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!