Plugin Contributions

help question urgently need help with product index listings

Hi,

I've tried a couple different ways to get an additional piece of information to show up on the listing pages (ie index, products_all, etc.) besides Model #, product name, description, image and price. My client really must have another field for composer that would show on these kinds of listings.

I thought I had found a solution by using the product_music product type and renaming "artist" as composer but I cannot get Artist to list on these pages.

Does anyone have any clue about a way to accomplish this? I'm really stumped after searching and trying different things for days.

Thanks,

Ellie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: urgently need help with product index listings

Is there no way to add anything into the product index listing??? I can find nothing on this by searching the forum and no one has come forward with a suggestion.

Last ditch effort to try to do what my client needs...

Thanks!

Ellie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: urgently need help with product index listings

Finally after days of tinkering I have been able to get my new product field onto the products_all listing. For those who may have the same question, here's what I did:

- added new field to prodcuts_description directly in MYSQL table
    - added reference to this field to query string in includes/modules/pages/products_all/header_php.php (for some reason overiding this file didn't work)
    - added code to display this field in includes/templates/TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_products_all_listing.php

This works although I did not add the new field to the configuration table so I can't control it through the admin area (for now - eventually I will see if I can do this).

My next task is to see if I can basically duplicate this listing for the new products and the index listing. It seems like new products will be very similar to products_all but the index listing is more complicated. I'd actually rather have the same layout for all the listings since I prefer the look of the products_all listing anyway.

I'll report back if I figure this out and in the meantime if anyone has changed the layout of the index listing to that of products_all and has advice, I'll take it!

Ellie