Thread: Confused!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Confused!!!

I have tried everyuthing I can think of to make this work the way I want it to to no avail... I guess there is so much you can do with the attributes my wee brain is overloaded (plus I confuse easily LOL)

Here is what I am trying to do

I have created a catagory saw blades

Now the blades come in 4 sizes call them 1, 2, 3, and 4

and they are base priced by the dozen
    1 dzn blades is 2.95
    6 dzn blades for 16.00
    and a gross of blades (12 doz) for 27.50

that part is farily straightforward... however I offer the 6 dozen price if they buy 6 dzn total even if they are all different sizes, the same with the gross.

I have set the product base price at 2.95 and used the price factor for the 1/2 gross and gross pricing and gotten the correct amounts... however there has to be a beetr way to do that, and when I try to use the discount function in the price manager for qty 6 and 12 (on the single dzn) I can't match my established prices

Can someone please help me figure this out

The URL for that page (if it helps this make sense) is http://www.cart.advancedscrollsawpat...des-p-203.html

Thank you in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Confused!!!

It would be easier of the Discount was an actual percentage or an actual price per dozen ...

Then you could use the Products Price Manager for the discount and the customer just enters how many dozen that they want of this product regardless of size and the prices will calculate properly for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh... I was afriad that was going to be what I would hear

While playing with the price manager I realized that cart figures the discount off the original per item price

I dusted off some high school math and could get it within 7 cents for the 1/2 gross... While 7 cents isn't really that big of a deal I would prefer to stick with my established prices if there is a way to do it that will work.

I can also get the discount to calculate within 2 cents for the gross pricing...

Is there a way to "add" those couple cents back in somehow?

I have played with the dicount percentage for a couple hours and that is as close as I can get the %ages figured

Plugin Contributions

Just started to wonder is there a way to subtract a set amount rather then use a %age for the discount

In other words when quantity =6 subtract 1.70 and when quantity=12 subtract 7.90

That would allow me to keep the existing prices without my head exploding trying to tweak percentages to get them to match

(note to self... in the future when establishing prices on new items used a fixed percentage rather then an arbitrary # )

Plugin Contributions

Attributes can be positive or negative values ...

On the prefix if you use + or blank it is positive ... if you use - it is negative or subtracts ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again Linda... I'll see if I can figure out how to make that work to do what I want it to

I appreciate your time