Thread: Install Issue

Plugin Contributions

Default Install Issue

New installation:
    I have access to the admin okay
    however the store page shows this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: category_tree in ... /webterra3.com/zen/includes/modules/sideboxes/document_categories.php on line 12

site at http://webterra3.com/zen/

What is the proper resolve?

Kind Regards,
    Al Toman

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Install Issue

I would start by reloading all of the files ...

It almost looks like you have bad, missing or corrupt files on your site ...

Did you get Zen Cart v1.3.6 from our download link at the top of the screen?

How did you load the files to your site?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Downloaded from SorceForge.

10th install ... different errors each time.
    Last two installs ... file by file. System does not burp. Shows all files ftp ok.

What is the resolve for this error?
    What files need to be reloaded and in what sequence?

Thanks~!
    Al Toman

Plugin Contributions

It doesn't make any sense that you are having any errors on a clean install of v1.3.6 ...

unix or windows server?

what version php?

what FTP program are you using?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This is your head source code Looks like. Ya been into your meta tags and messed around a bit? All other code is intact. Have you edited any files
    <html>
    <head>
    <title></title>
    <meta content="">
    <style></style>
    </head>
    <body></body>

</html><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
    <head>
    <title>Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce</title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="Hardware Software DVD Movies Gift Certificates Big Linked Test Examples Free Call Stuff Test 10&#37; by Attrib Test 10% A Top Level Cat Sale Percentage Sale Deduction Sale New Price Big Unlinked New v1.2 Music Documents Mixed Product Types ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping " />
    <meta name="description" content="Zen Cart! - Hardware Software DVD Movies Gift Certificates Big Linked Test Examples Free Call Stuff Test 10% by Attrib Test 10% A Top Level Cat Sale Percentage Sale Deduction Sale New Price Big Unlinked New v1.2 Music Documents Mixed Product Types ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping" />
    <meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />
    <meta name="author" content="The Zen Cart&trade; Team and others" />
    <meta name="generator" content="shopping cart program by Zen Cart&trade;, http://www.zen-cart.com eCommerce" />

<base href="http://webterra3.com/zen/" />

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet_css_buttons.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="includes/templates/classic/css/print_stylesheet.css" />
    </head>

Plugin Contributions

No sir. Have not touched a thing. Have been too busy deleting and ftpg 11 times.

here is the scoop:
    I have no interest in zencart, myself. I recvd call from friend who has a client who needs some add-ons to their zen product. No one wants to touch it. I contacted other scripters. They do not want to deal with it.

So, is there a ZEN guru who is interested in and capable of this work? I need to know your NAME and phone NUMBER. None of this forum or email communication. I have an 800 number or I can call you with details and $$$ today (Dec 20th).

I am not confident in this product. Perhaps a Zenner can assist this client, perhaps not. Let me know.

I am looking for someone who has expeditious, precise, and accurate answers to issues, not forum gibberish. Is that you?

Kind regards,
    Al Toman

Plugin Contributions

You may wish to post in the Commercial Help Wanted for this ...

Something is not right with your code ...
    Linda McGrath