Plugin Contributions

Default customer cannot checkout shipping and payment after host upgrade PHP

My size (signagenlabs.com) is based on Zen Cart Version 1.25. I have DHL shipping module and LinkPoint Payment System installed. They have been running good until recently when my host upgraded PHP to version 4.4.4. Right now customer cannot checkout shipping and payment. The checkout process freezes when customer clicks the button of "Check Out". No error message, it is just a blank page. I called ISP and asked them to check SSL setting. They replied the SSL was set correctly. When I remove DHL shipping module and activate Flat Rate Shipping Module. The checkout process goes to next step----"Checkout Payment". Then customer stuck in checkout payment (We use LinkPoint, it used to be working perfect). So can someone in here give me some hints on how to solve these problems? Help me out please. Many thanks.

Jeffrey

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customer cannot checkout shipping and payment after host upgrade PHP

Quote Originally Posted by signagen View Post
    The checkout process goes to next step----"Checkout Payment". Then customer stuck in checkout payment (We use LinkPoint, it used to be working perfect).
    Linkpoint requires CURL -- did your host include CURL support in their PHP configuration when they upgraded ? If not, you'll not be able to process credit cards using this module.

What errors are your customers seeing ?

If you disable SSL support in your /includes/configure.php file, does checkout work properly? If so, then there *is* a problem with the SSL configuration ... either an incorrect URL or a server-side problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customer cannot checkout shipping and payment after host upgrade PHP

Thank you for your response. While I will ask my ISP to check CURL, can you tell me how to disable SSL in configure.php? Many thanks.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I disabled SSL support. The problem is still there. Customer cannot checkout. My host said SSL was set correctly. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Forgot to tell. When customer clicks checkout button, there is no response. No any error messages. Just a blank page. Help please ! Thanks.

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When customer clicks checkout button, there is no response. No any error messages. Just a blank page.
    1. What exactly do you mean by "checkout button" ? Where is this button. What page is it on? What exactly does it say? What other text is beside it? What is the URL in the browser before and after this happens?

2. Can you please post the last 30 lines of your server's errorlog after you go through the steps and get the blank page?

3. If you disable the Linkpoint module and only enable the Check/Money Order module, does the same problem happen?

4. Did your host give you an answer about CURL ?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

To answer your questions:
    1. When a customer adds a item into shopping cart, then he clicks "checkout" button to chekout. It is on the page of "http://www.signagenlabs.com/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart". There are three buttons below the shopping cart------"update cart", "continue shopping" and "checkout". No other text beside the above mentioned buttons. Before the page, an item was selected and added to the shopping cart. After click "checkout" button, the page freezes. No response, No error messages (I use Firefox, IE and other browsers may be different).
    2. I am a newbie. I do not know how to look at my server's error log. Can you tell me how to do that?
    3. If I disable DHL shipping module (use “flat rate shipping module” instead) and enable LinkPoint, customer can checkout shipping but stuck in checkout payment (no response, no error message, just blank page). If I disable both DHL shipping module (use “Flat Rate Shipping Module” instead) and LinkPoint (use CC module instead), customer can complete the checkout process without errors. So it seems that communication of my site with outside was cut off. When customer checkout shipping, my site needs to connect with DHL for shipping quotes, it fails. When a customer needs to check payment, my site needs to talk to LinkPoint, it fails again.
    4. The following passage is what my host wrote us:
    "Yes, we do still have cURL support in PHP. You can see information about the current PHP environment at http://signagenlabs.com/info.php
    Additionally, I notice that when I try to go through the checkout process and encounter the error, in one of my browsers I get a message that may be helpful for you: "The URL was redirected to. Please click the link to go there."
    This is a browser-generated error, not from the Apache webserver, but it may indicate a problem in the store configuration.
    When I am able to generate the checkout problem, there are no error messages generated on the server in the PHP error log or the normal webserver error or access logs. This implies that there is a logical problem with the store's functionality, rather than some syntax error or bug that's throwing an error on the server, though it is not definitive evidence in this regard.
    Please let us know if we can do anything else to help you troubleshoot this."

The above is the answer to your questions. Can you figure out what the problems my site has? Also you can register on my web (signagenlabs.com) and do a fake checkout. Now both the DHL Shipping Module and LinkPoint are activated. The two modules used to be working perfect until recently my host upgraded PHP to Version 4.4.4

Thanks a lot.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I am having the exact same issue,
    with no resolve as of yet.

This is a new installation as well.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidKoder View Post
    I am having the exact same issue,
    with no resolve as of yet.

This is a new installation as well.
    Please describe exactly what you mean when you say "exact same issue".
    The original poster was using v1.2.5, but you said you have a "new installation". Does that mean you're using a "new install of v1.2.5" and having the same problems? or something else?
    Did your hosting company recently upgrade their PHP version? if so, from which version to which version?
    Which payment modules are you having your "exact same" problems with?