Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping + 10% Off

Hello!

Is this possible to do? For some reason, whenever I entered this in, it would change to be free shipping and $10, not 10%.

Is it possible to do a % off in addition to free shipping? Or is there a plug-in that allows more than one coupon to be used?

I'm using v.1.3.5 at the moment.

Thank you all for your time!
    ~Sam

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping + 10% Off

Note: I would upgrade to v1.3.6 before trying to fix this ...

Next, can you better explain the Free Shipping and 10% Off?

10% Off what because you are doing ... what?

Free Shipping because you are doing ... what?

Type slow now ... I don't read all that fast when I am befuddled ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What I was trying to do was allow 10% off of the entire purchase that a customer would make, plus free shipping. The items usually require a shipping price, but I would like to void that in addition to the amount off.

Here is what my "coupon admin" has currently -
    Coupon Amount: 10.0000%
    Coupon Minimum Order: ((blank))
    Free Shipping: ((off))
    Uses per Coupon: ((blank))
    Uses per Customer : 1

I was hoping to see if there was a way that I could offer both free shipping (they are material items that require shipping to the customer), as well as 10% off of the purchase (as a "thank you").

If this is not the case, I will simply offer free shipping, but I thought it was worth asking, and searching turned up nothing.

I hope that helps ^__^;; I've been trying to be as clear as possible, but it's not always the easiest XD

Plugin Contributions

At this time, Discount Coupons are for Percentage, Amount Off or Free shipping ...

They are not able to be used in combination with that mix ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for letting me know - I really appreciate it, and all of your great work!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

Have received a few requests from clients asking for the ability to offer customers a % off with Free shipping.

Is this functionality available within any Mods or due within future releases?

We did think about using a GROUP + COUPON approach (may be useful for some Zenners); where registered custumers are added to a Group offering a % off and then a FREE SHIPPING coupon is sent out. The customer on next purchase will get both a % + FREE Shipping.

However, this does not meet the requirements of one of our clients who wants to send letters to a range of businesses in the UK (by post), letting them know about their products and telling them by entering a COUPON they will get a % off + FREE shipping.

May be worth adding this as a FAQ - no available yet (if that is the case).

Kind regards

Jay

Plugin Contributions

There isn't something built in to allow a coupon with both a discount and free shipping at this time ...

You'd need something customized for this ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Another approach:

I know we can create a 10% discount coupon and another separate coupon for Free delivery in admin.

We are aware that we cannot, as discussed, offer a percentage and free delivery on the same coupon.

When customers are asked to enter their discount coupon code it actually says “coupons” which indicates you can enter more than one coupon at any one time, is this possible/correct?

If that is the case then we are getting closer ;)

Could the following be done:

10% Discount Coupon and the person at checkout puts the code i.e Staff Discount

Could the coupon coping be copied for the discount coupon to generate a second discount field below the first one i.e. If a customer enternet STAFF DISCOUNT, it would also show the second coupon for FREE SHIPPING

Any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

At this time, it is one coupon per order ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JSWeb View Post
    Another approach:

I know we can create a 10% discount coupon and another separate coupon for Free delivery in admin.

We are aware that we cannot, as discussed, offer a percentage and free delivery on the same coupon.

When customers are asked to enter their discount coupon code it actually says “coupons” which indicates you can enter more than one coupon at any one time, is this possible/correct?

If that is the case then we are getting closer ;)

Could the following be done:

10% Discount Coupon and the person at checkout puts the code i.e Staff Discount

Could the coupon coping be copied for the discount coupon to generate a second discount field below the first one i.e. If a customer enternet STAFF DISCOUNT, it would also show the second coupon for FREE SHIPPING

Any other ideas?

As an option (although temporary), would it be possible for you to create a "Product Special" using the "Specials" feature of Zen Cart then offer a "Free Shipping" coupon.

So, in essence, you would setup a "10% Special" (of the regular price) under the specials section, then setup a Free Shipping coupon. This way, when the customer adds the item to their cart, they already have the 10% discount applied ... all they have to do now is enter the coupon code for free shipping in order to receive that as well.

Does that sound like it will work?