Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize Time Out Issue

I am having an issue when Authorize is trying to post the info to my Zen Cart. The information always posts fine but my server takes more than 10 seconds to Authorize causing an error to appear for my customers even though their payment is processed. Here is the solution that Authorize recommend on their website. Does anyone no how I could make this work...what file do I need to alter and what would I change. Thanks for your help:

When Authorize.Net sends a transaction response to your server, the payment gateway waits 10 seconds for a response. If Authorize.Net does not receive a response from your server in 10 seconds, the payment gateway server will time out and display an error page. The first thing you need to check is the order that your script executes. It is very important that something prints to the screen before any other process is started. If your script prints to the screen first, Authorize.Net will recognize that you are receiving the information. The most effective method would be to PRINT the headers, and a line of text such as “Processing, please wait.”

To resolve relay response time outs:

Verify your script permissions and the ability to accept an HTML POST.
    Check that the script is not completing other functions before writing to the screen, such as writing to a database or sending e-mails.
    See if there are different processes that are used in your script for approvals, declines or errors. Check each process to be sure that they will write to the screen before any other functions.
    Check if your script is using redirects immediately upon receipt of the response from our servers. Redirects are discouraged because they can potentially interfere with the process.
    Note: On occasion, timeouts will occur that are outside of the control of your script or our servers. Typical reasons for these timeouts are Internet traffic, merchant server overload or malfunctions, or Internet routing issues. Depending upon your server location and what route is used to send data, it is possible that you may occasionally receive a time out message.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize Time Out Issue

Hello lio,

I am also having the same time out issue with authorize.net, when i checked with authorize.net people i received the same reply as you got. If you have solved this issue please tell me how did you solved it. It will be more helpful for me.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    -Perumal

Plugin Contributions

I switched to the Authorize AIM Module from the other Authorize Module and haven't had a single error in many weeks. Seems like it fixed the issue. Different posting method I guess!

-LIo

Plugin Contributions

I am running into time-outs as well. Does anyone know how to implement the above recommendation?

Also when this happens Authorize eventually charges their card but I dont get the order...any suggestions how to get the order to show in in zen cart and mark it paid via the credit card transaction?
    -Christopher

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The best recommendation in the posts above prior to yours was to switch to the Authorize.net AIM module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The best recommendation in the posts above prior to yours was to switch to the Authorize.net AIM module.
    Hey Dr. B,
    Sorry if I was not clear...I am using AIM. I have had two customers successfully process their cards but the order never showed up in my admin. It happened three of four days apart - the second happening today thus the post. I knew of the order because of an email from Authorize as a successful checkout.

I called both customers and they both mentioned there was an "internal server error" returned. Is this something to due with my hosting company and not authorize? Kinda lost here...and I hate pissing off my few customers!!!

When I saw this post mentioning time outs I thought it might be a good place to ask. I must have missed that the original poster was a "SIM-er" if that's a word! Any ideas?

THANK YOU!!!
    -Christopher

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by growlight View Post
    I called both customers and they both mentioned there was an "internal server error" returned. Is this something to due with my hosting company and not authorize?
    That would be useful information to include in your problem report

To check causes of "internal server error" messages, you'll have to refer to your server's apache errorlog. Sometimes this is accessible in your hosting control panel. Sometimes hosting companies don't go the extra step of letting customers see their own, and you have to ask them to dig it up for you ... which means knowing the date/time when the error message occurred.

It would also be useful to know exactly where/when they saw that error in the checkout flow. And what they did about it when it happened. And whether if they log back into their account again do they see everything that they originally had in their shopping cart still there? (you could use that to know what they ordered, if the numbers add up properly etc and match the details submitted to authorize.net with the transaction).

And, what version of Zen Cart are you using? what version(s) have you upgraded from?
    What patches have you applied, if any?
    What addons have you installed?

And what happens if you do a test transaction yourself? perhaps using the same products as your customers did?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. B,
    Sorry for the delay in response...I threw out my back and have been laying on bed for the last few days.

The main problem is that is is fairly random. I have done many test checkouts and have not had problems myself. I accept money orders and have never had a problem with that so I don't think its basic cart functions. I switched to AIM about a week ago - most have gone though just fine but I am hearing some complaints.

I'm not sure where during the checkout process its happening (or what they are clicking) - I just get told during checkout and they dont really remember which of the several checkout screens it happens on. Going forward I will try and get the customer to go through the checkout with me on the phone with them and find out exactly.

The two previous "issue checkouts" cleared authorize but did not get an order into the cart. Today I got a call (and waiting to hear back so I can ask more questions) but his order did not clear authorize or end up in the cart. So I am definitely having some timeout issues but from where. I am thinking more and more its my hosing company. I am suing Sitegroung - they have been good in the past but... Any idea how to hunt timeout issues with the hosting company?

Yes the items are still in their cart for all three cases

Any advice is really appreciated!
    -Christopher

The info:
    Version 1.38a -new install no patches

Add ons:
    BACKUP_MYSQL_ADMIN_PLUGIN-1.3
    cross_sell_1.3.0.it.es.en
    email_archive_manager_1.4
    encrypted_master_password_1.2
    ez_pages_relnofollow_attribute_1-0
    ezpages_meta_tag_fields_1-0
    Fedex Shipping Module v1.3.7
    google_base_feeder
    GoogleAnalytics
    Links Manager 3.4.1
    Monthly_Sales-Tax_Summary-v1.3
    MSU_SItemaps_for_ZenCart
    Purchase Orders 3.12
    qbi_v3_21b_zen
    quick_updates-v2.04
    shopping cart with checkout button and product image
    super_orders_20
    Supertracker for Zen Cart
    User Tracking v.1.3.6.2 for ZEN1.3.7
    v2.3a_Ty_Package_Tracker
    Magic SEO URLS

Plugin Contributions

Just had another silly idea. It might be a desperate flunky webmaster grabbing at straws BUT...I have had intermittent some problems with loading the Alpha Seal Logo in the past (SSL Verification graphic I have on the bottom of the site).

Running a test form a web page optimization site pointed to a potential problem with this script. I am going to remove it and see if any more problems show up.

It seem logical to me but what the heck to I know...I can barely spell html or php!!!
    -Christopher

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"internal server error" messages should show up in the server's apache error log, along with the cause of the message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast