Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot send customers email

When my customers sign up for an account, they get a confirmation email. They also get confirmations of their orders. Those signed up for newsletters are getting those, however if I just want to send an email to a customer, nothing happens. At the top of the admin panel screen it reads Notice: Email sent to: [email protected] (0). Nothing's coming up in the archives, either. I can't for the life of me figure it out as everything else seems to work fine.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot send customers email

The zero means that zero recipients could be processed for sending the message.
    If "[email protected]" is an email address in your system for someone who has "opted out" of email mailings, then these messages will not be delivered. That is why the (0) is shown.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot send customers email

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The zero means that zero recipients could be processed for sending the message.
    If "[email protected]" is an email address in your system for someone who has "opted out" of email mailings, then these messages will not be delivered. That is why the (0) is shown.
    I added the test account to the newsletter group. That did the trick, but it makes absolutely no sense. I mean, how am I supposed to contact a customer about their order if they've opted out of the newsletter? Furthermore, why does Zen Cart list both the customers and newsletter subscribers in the admin panel if those not signed up for the newsletter can't receive email?