Plugin Contributions

Default Local install - missing file?

Trying to install on local test server and getting this message in browser:

Warning: require(../includes/classes/class.base.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /srv/metro/www/zencart/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 29

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../includes/classes/class.base.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /srv/metro/www/zencart/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 29

I had set all permissions as per the instructions.
    The file ../includes/classes/class.base.php does not appear to be there. I downloaded again and still cannot find it. Also tried from a different mirror.

zen-cart-v1.3.6-full-fileset-10272006
    Ununtu 6.10
    MySQL - 5.0.24a-Debian_9-log
    phpMyAdmin - 2.8.2-Debian-0.2
    apache 2.0.55
    php 5.1.6

Tried copying full functioning cart directory from server to local, but when entering via browser it automatically tries to go to zc_install which does not exist. (cpanel install).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local install - missing file?

Well to get the fully functioning copy from the server to work locally you would have to edit the configure.php file to reflect the correct path.....localhost.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Warning: require(../includes/classes/class.base.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /srv/metro/www/zencart/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 29
    1. Since you are running the zc_install when this happens (as evidenced by the note about /srv/metro/www/zencart/zc_install/), this means that the reference to class.base.php by starting with the double dots is actually a reference to: /srv/metro/www/zencart/includes/classes/class.base.php

2. The *actual* error in this case is Permission denied.
    There can be a number of reasons for this, including but not limited to:
    - file permissions are set too restrictively (ie: CHMOD settings ... typically files are 644 and folders are 755)
    - file-ownership permissions aren't compatible with the user that the webserver engine is running as, and thus PHP isn't allowed access to the files
    - PHP might be configured in a way that prevents the .. from working properly (although this is unlikely)

As to your difficulty running the files locally, if the database settings in the /includes/configure.php file cannot connect to a working server, or if they are all defaults, then the system automatically attempts to run zc_install/index.php because it believes you need to set up a database (since it cannot find one). Thus, when you move to a new server, you need to build a new database there too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    Well to get the fully functioning copy from the server to work locally you would have to edit the configure.php file to reflect the correct path.....localhost.
    It is already set to localhost.

Plugin Contributions

Yup I shoulda realized that myself....too much eggnog clouds the brain
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    1. Since you are running the zc_install when this happens (as evidenced by the note about /srv/metro/www/zencart/zc_install/), this means that the reference to class.base.php by starting with the double dots is actually a reference to: /srv/metro/www/zencart/includes/classes/class.base.php

2. The *actual* error in this case is Permission denied.
    There can be a number of reasons for this, including but not limited to:
    - file permissions are set too restrictively (ie: CHMOD settings ... typically files are 644 and folders are 755)
    - file-ownership permissions aren't compatible with the user that the webserver engine is running as, and thus PHP isn't allowed access to the files
    - PHP might be configured in a way that prevents the .. from working properly (although this is unlikely)

As to your difficulty running the files locally, if the database settings in the /includes/configure.php file cannot connect to a working server, or if they are all defaults, then the system automatically attempts to run zc_install/index.php because it believes you need to set up a database (since it cannot find one). Thus, when you move to a new server, you need to build a new database there too.
    2 points I forgot to mention in the beginning:
    1. 64 bit os.
    2. This is my first attempt at setting up virtual servers.

I'm guessing the 64 bits doesn't make any difference here since apache, php, and mysql are running just fine.

Since I set up the virtual server directories as a user, ownership could definately be a problem here.

I did go through the configure.php file to adjust for the local server. Hmm...now I'm thinking...aren't there 2 of these files, one in includes and one in admin/includes? I created a database and imported a mysql dump from the remote server. One thing that concerns me (because I don't quite understand it all) is the charset and collation selections when creating a new database via phpmyadmin. I set everything to Utf8_general_ci, or something like that.

It was late last night when I tried to install, so I would not be surprised to find I missed a thing or two. When I get home tonight, I'll triple check everything.

I also have a copy of 1.2.6 running on a local server at work, so I'll check those permission settings for referrence.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    Yup I shoulda realized that myself....too much eggnog clouds the brain
    Or ... not *enough* eggnog
    Last edited by timps; 21 Dec 2006 at 08:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Update:

I got it working. DrByte was correct in that it was mainly a permissions problem. Ubuntu creates new files/directories with the same group name as the owners name. I recursively changed all the zencart files to the group 'users'. I had previously changed all the directory and file permissions as per the install instructions, or so I thought. I made the grave error of doing so via graphic interface instead of the command line. Even though Konqueror showed the changes, they in fact did not occur. Command line to the rescue! This is when things started happening. The installation screens also showed that mysql and gd were not enabled (why did phpmysql work then?), so I took care of that. The rest was cream cheese all the way.

I've also made progress with the transferred cart. Now I'm getting this:

1054 Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'
    in:
    [select p.products_type, p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status = '1', s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status ='1', s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price, p.products_sort_order from zen_products_description pd, zen_products p left join zen_manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, zen_products_to_categories p2c left join zen_specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '0']

I'll be rummaging through the db to see what's up.....