Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: help with the product list for my store?

Hey. Progress on the site width. Well done. As an aside you don't necessarily need photoshop to edit image files. Most picture editing software would be able to do this including Paintshop, Fireworks and the open source GIMP.

On the color ... you don't say where or how your changed the tile_back image. I can only observe that on your site there is still no tile_back.jpg file in your wirg/images file and the associated stylesheet.css still refers only to tile_back.gif.

To move the side boxes etc. down, you need to remove the height constraint on the logoWrapper that is encouraging them to move up. You can do this in your stylesheet as shown below.
    #logoWrapper{
    background-image: url(../images/header_bg.jpg);
    background-repeat: repeat-x;
    background-color: #ffffff;
    height:75px; <--- remove this
    }
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

i changed the tile_back in the .css file i changed it back to the original cause the other color annoyed me haha.

ok logowrapper ill look for that.

yea i guess the missing factor for the other stuff was that i needed to lok at the .css file not the.php to adjust the logo.

ed

Plugin Contributions

well that seem to do it - so much of my frustration was caused by not realize it was stylesheet.css that seemed to be where i needed to make the changes.

stylesheet.css is also where i changed the entries for tile_back.gif to tile_back.jpg

is there somewhere else i also need to do that?

thanks again for all the help? want to be my first customer when we launch?(just kidding, we cant ship to europe anymore)(grin)

ttyl,
    ed

Plugin Contributions

is there a way to lessen the space between where i have happy new year, the product listing that goes from left to right then the sideboxes?

ed

Plugin Contributions

kuroi - thanks for all your help.
    i still need a few things sorted out:
    the space btween the Happy new year and the rest of the page (id like it tightened up/closer)
    also is there a way to turn off the product list thats going from left to right the old zen cart didnt do that?

lastly where else did i need to change the tile_back.gif to .jpg when i did that in stylesheet.css (i think) it was a diffrent color than the orange of the old zen version.

thanks,
    ed

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ewalker3 View Post
    the space btween the Happy new year and the rest of the page (id like it tightened up/closer)
    This is the result of some line breaks, padding and margin. Add the following to your stylesheet and most of it will disappear[QUOTE]#headerWrapper h1 {margin-bottom:0}
    #headerWrapper br {line-height:0}

also is there a way to turn off the product list thats going from left to right the old zen cart didnt do that?
    These are the categories tabs. They will have been part of your old store, but you must have turned them off. To do so again, go to Admin > Configuration > Layout Settings > Categories-Tabs Menu ON/OFF and set them to OFF

lastly where else did i need to change the tile_back.gif to .jpg when i did that in stylesheet.css (i think) it was a diffrent color than the orange of the old zen version.
    I suspect that you are right about the color. From the brief time that I saw it some time back, I remember it as being a more brighter shade than then old Zen Cart. You've seen how applying the old Zen Cart file changed the color of the bars. To change it to the precise shade that you want you would need to create an image in that shade and replace the one that you have currently with the new image.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345