Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: help with the product list for my store?

i did that.
    there are two headeer files
    the one under "classic" seems to be the one that works when i changed it to my logo instead of default but change the height and width doesnt help?

thanks
    ed

Plugin Contributions

The current width is set at 800. Change it to 750, save the file to your server and write back.

Plugin Contributions

what file do i change that in, the headers.php i looked at didnt say that and i did a search with the developer tools and couldnt find it?

thanks,
    ed

Plugin Contributions

Look above at my post at 8:36. It shows what file.

Plugin Contributions

ok again:
    i must be missing something:

there is a header.php in
    walkerindianrivergroves.com/httpdocs/zencart/includes/languages/english
    and then one here (this particular one seems to be the one that load our logo)
    :
    walkerindianrivergroves.com/httpdocs/zencart/includes/languages/english/classic/

ive changed the settings in both and the logo is still huge.

also is ther ea way to get the old orange color back for this template?

thanks
    ed

Plugin Contributions

Default header logo messed up

no suggestions on how to fix this?

i looked and changed the two header.php files i could find and it still has my logo totally out of adjustment and the catalog listed across the top (is there a way to turn that off) changing the pts does nothing.

any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: header logo messed up

Did you add your own code for the header file named walker_logo.jpg?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ed

Quote Originally Posted by ewalker3 View Post
    no suggestions on how to fix this?
    Three suggestions. The one that stagebrace has been suggesting, executed properly, will work, so there must be something wrong with the execution. However, it would be my personally least preferred. Let's go through them and see why.

Suggestion 1: If you image is too large, get out your image editing software and make it the size you want it to be.

Suggestion 2: As suggested by stagebrace adjust the html settings for width & height your header file. Your header file is the one in walkerindianrivergroves.com/httpdocs/zencart/includes/languages/english/classic/ however, this is not a good idea. I'll come back to this in a moment. I can see no evidence on your site of this having been edited. Are you sure that you re-uploaded your changed file to the right place? To what did you change the values?

Suggestion 3: Make your site wider. You could do this by altering making the following changes in your walkerindianrivergroves.com/httpdocs/zencart/includes/templates/classic/css/stylesheet.css file
    #mainWrapper {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    text-align: left;
    width: 750px; <--- change to 800px
    vertical-align: top;
    border: 1px solid #9a9a9a;
    }
    Option 1, getting your image sizes right for your site, is the best option. There are no downsides. Option 2, has several downsides. Your visitors will have to download a larger image than necessary to see your header and you are at the mercy of the browsers as to the quality of the image that they produce (image editing software is much better at downsizing images) and your pages will take slightly longer to load while the browser does the downsizing. As your image is 800px wide, Option 3 would result in a site just a little too wide to display on an 800px wide screen.

You are using the classic template directory for your files, but this is not a good idea. You will undoubtedly have fallen into doing so by simply editing the default template that comes with Zen Cart. Why is this not a good? Well these are standard files in Zen Cart, so next time you upgrade, some of them will be overwritten and your changes will be lost. You should create your own template, even if you start it by simply copying the files from the classic directory. There is more in the FAQ on how to do this.

Indeed, this is why your orange color was lost. I agree that it went very well with your logo. However, it was lost when you switched to the current version of Zen Cart and your classic/images/tile_back.gif file was overwritten with the current green version. If you send me a personal message via the forum with you email address, I'll email you the orange version.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the suggestions - im going to blow what i did away
    upload zencart again.

once i do that - i make another directory under templates and copy the classic files there and then specifc to use that direectory?

also - with my image, on the old zen it scaled just fine without me changing the width etc? i wish i could get it to work like that.

thanks,
    ed

Plugin Contributions

Your question on how to tell Zen Cart to use the new template can be found using this link.

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...on_-_Templates

If you need help on scaling your picture I will do that for you. Just attach it to your next post.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast