Plugin Contributions

Default Transition questions

Hi all! I'm finally Zenning again!

I've done the testing part and I think I've gotten the hang of the new Zen layout, so I'm almost ready to upgrade the live store, but I have two questions.

1) Currently, I have the store owner on a limited admin so she can get in and check orders and print packing slips. I seem to remember seeing that there's still an add-on available to do that. Is that right?

2) Since most of what the store sells is photographs, printing the images on the packing slip is vital. Is there still an add-on for that?

Thanks for all the hard work that went into this. It just gets better all the time.

ME
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transition questions

I realized that since I was using a test cart, I could try whatever I wanted, so I took the plunge and installed the new admin levels AND I got the old pictures on the packing slip add-on to work with 1.3.7... I just had to remember to copy ALL the code.

The cart went from 1.2.7 to 1.3.7 with far less hassle than I expected. I think I'll continue to tinker with the test version to improve the appearance of the site, but first, I should add some products. The store owner has sent me some stuff to add. I've been reluctant to do it since I hadn't done any of the upgrades.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Hey ME!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you took the plunge and that the upgrade went so smoothly.

Zen Magic :)
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Hey ME!

Welcome back! Glad to hear you took the plunge and that the upgrade went so smoothly.

Zen Magic :)
    Thanks, Kim! I kept putting it off and then got insanely busy at work, so I simply didn't have the time to do it. Things slowed down a bit and I started playing with 1.3.6. I was nearly ready to implement it when 1.3.7 was released, so I upgraded my 1.3.6 test site. All I had to do then was change the domain names, upload the new version to the real site and run the installer to update the database. Zen Magic, indeed!

I want to fiddle with the look of the site, but I can use the test for that and just move/change whatever I need to the live site.

Unfortunately, one of the carts I'd been working on is a dead issue. The other may or may not be a dead issue depending on what the friend I did it for decides to do. He's fence sitting about selling anything himself or letting someone else do that work for him.

It's good to be back.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey