I have just developed a 'Delivery Date Picker' mod that allows the customer to choose a delivery date on Step 1 of the checkout process using a popup calendar by Calendarxp.net
The mod is totally customizable with the following features....
We are currently working on a release package and demo site.
- Calendar colors can be changed to match site colors
- All past dates are automatically disabled from being chosen
- Any single or recurring date can be automatically disabled from being chosen
- Conditional rules can be used to disable dates from being chosen. Such as, date or time that the date was chosen. This can be useful if you had a cutoff time for next day delivery.
- The date field is not writtable directly. This prevents the customer from entering in a date that is not acceptable for delivery.
- Validation is used so that the customer cannot continue with the order unless they have chosen an availale date from the popup calendar.
- The chosen delivery date is incorporated into the order emails for both customer and admin
- The chosen delivery date is displayed with the rest of the order information in the admin backend.
For configuration demo purposes the release package will automatically disable all past days, Sundays and Mondays, the day after some holidays (eg, Thanks Giving, Christmas Day, July 4th) and the following day if after 11am PST.
Once the demo site is up and running we will make the link available for anyone interested to take a look.
We also have integrated the DOTS address validation services into ZenCart to verify customers postal addresses. This too will be on the demo site.