Plugin Contributions

help question Attribute Prices Wacked Out On Me

I created 3 products, with 2 values to one of the attributes.

Just to make it easier to picture, the attribute was "Metal" and the values were:

Sterling Silver
    14KT Gold

I set the regular price at the sterling silver price ($135) and made that value +0.00.
    I set the 14KT gold price at $1785 (leaving the + sign out).

Everything looked great. The item showed up "starting at $135" and I was happy.

Then I realized something. In the past customers have asked for white gold vs yellow gold, and because with my old database system offering it in white gold right up front would have meant creating an entirely new item. So instead I just said on the page, "white gold is available at the same price as yellow gold, just specify "white gold" in the "special info" area of the shopping cart. Well that was a PAIN because of course people didn't bother to read that and would constantly write me and ask "how much in white gold"?

So I changed the 14KT Gold attribute to "14KT Yellow Gold" and added another attribute for "14KT White Gold". I set the price the same, for this product $1785 with no +sign.

Then when I looked at the preview of the store front, things suddenly freaked out. All of a sudden, it was listing the $135 price + the $1785 price for a total of $1920. AND showing that price as the "starts at" price!!! (The last thing I want to do is scare away my customers by showing that as a STARTING price.) I then tried stripping out the price in the main product page, setting that to $0 and setting the sterling silver price as $135.

EEK! Even worse! Now for some reason (even though I changed it) it's showng the sterling price as $270 - DOUBLE what it should be!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Prices Wacked Out On Me

Did you set in the main admin product setup screen the price to $0 AND the "priced by attributes" selection?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Prices Wacked Out On Me

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Did you set in the main admin product setup screen the price to $0 AND the "priced by attributes" selection?

I tried it both ways.

With the main setup set to $135 and silver attribute set to +0, and with the gold attribute set to the correct price for gold, it was working fine.

It was when I added a 3rd attribute that things went haywire.

I don't have any attributes set as + at the moment. I want them to show at the total price, not gold is silver + plus x amount.

Gonna try working thru it all again.