Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Picture Gallery product type, 1.3.6 & 1.3.7 versions

I think this picturegalery is a great thing I really would like to use.

But I get a little confused about all the files in the zip archive:S
    reading all the text about it is not that simple for me as non english person.

Where should I begin to install?
    I see 7 different folders like
    2_GALLERY_FILES_BASIC
    3_EXTRA_GALLERY_FILES_ALBUM_COLUMNS
    4_Gallery_main_image_cache_force
    6_EXTRA_SEE_ALL_GALLERY_CATEGORY

Do I need to install them all after each other?
    What is the use of all those folder?

Where can I find install info?

What do I need to install to get what I see at the demo shop
    http://consciousness-centre.co.uk/cz...ex&cPath=12_13

I want to have at least one galery :) next to normal shop products/stuff that do not require the galerie.
    I think I can do all I want with the 'kind of sub' galeries I see there
    I want to build a photo selling shop where I can gorup images on subject like

Landscape, people, buildings, bridges,fettish and so on. Would I need multiple galeries for that?

I hope I can get some assistance in getting strated.

I am quite new to zencart an spend a lot of time setting a basic setup working for some of the things I want to start selling and I do not expect to make loads of money forom it.
    Part is just for the fun and to cover the expences:)
    just look heer to get the rough idea
    The aigle princess part (that for a friend of mine ) does not require gallies to my opinion, the thumbsheets will do for me.
    http://www.mrbertdesign.nl/webshop
    Greets

Bert

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Picture Gallery product type, 1.3.6 & 1.3.7 versions

Hi mrbert
    Sounds like you have a suitable approach... experiment and have fun...!

If you install the \catalogue folder (in GALLERY_FILES_BASIC) you get the gallery product type, the display will look much the same as a normal product regarding the product lists. You need to apply the sql patch GALLERY_TYPE_ADMIN_PATCH_SQL.txt which is in the same folder.

Unfortunately most beginners meeting zencart are confused because of all the different things. Basically for using contributions you need to know how to apply an sql patch to update the database with new tables, and roughly how the template system works, and of course how to upload files.

Most contribs give you the files to upload in a provided \cart or \catalogue folder, and the sql patch which is necessary if alterations are required to database.

The second stage after uploading files to give basic gallery version is the EXTRA_GALLERY_FILES_ALBUM_COLUMNS folder. Uploading those files creates roughly the display type you see in my site demo.

Especially with the extra files, The Image Handler 2 (search in the forum and downloads) folder 1_IMAGE_HANDLER_2.0_zc137 _FOR_GALLERY is an optional thing but it enables you to just upload one bigger image, image handler then auto creates the smaller images. Afraid you need to read the included information, I apologise but its hard enough explaing in the Readme files even in English :), if you don't have full English you are at a disadvantage.

Regarding image handler 2, if you propose using that then get the ordinary (zencart contributions) download first, and run it inside a test cart, then you will see firstly how to set it up, secondly how to use it. Then it will be easier to see what my version (in my gallery contribution IMAGE_HANDLER_2.0_zc137 _FOR_GALLERY folder) should be doing and why.

Really I would not recommend expecting just to install the second 'extra' gallery files if you are a complete beginner. For instance, you need to understand that the gallery display (album) lists only switch to 'column' (grid) mode if its a gallery product category, which means you need to manually set each category you have put gallery pictures in as 'only gallery product type' in admin for that category setup.

But we were all complete beginners at one time, we had to learn by reading forum posts and other information, for instance the new book on how to use zencart. You learn by experience, and with a test cart it does not matter if it gets messed up.

And yes, stick the fetish pictures in a separate subgallery so you don't surprise people :). Its simple really, what I call a subgallery is actually just a zencart 'category'. So you can create many separate galleries all under one main heading 'gallery', galleries are just product categories or subcategories.

One quirk of galleries is that, same as zencart, you don't mix loose products alomgside existing categories.

Ideally create one main category, then within that create subgalleries, put your pics only in the subgalleries not in the main category because they won't get displayed even though admin says they exist.

Hope this answers some questions, the gallery contrib is work in progress, it works but you might need to fiddle around with the advanced version specially setting up for using image handler 2..

Plugin Contributions

Hi Harenslade,

Thanks for your extensive? answer.
    I have build already one shop for a friend of mine and was able to get part of my shop already running appart from one paypal express checkout problem.
    I actually was starting to modify one of the templates to suit my needs:) (As you can see on the link I attached.

And also have did some modifications to the new customer registration:) So there will be not so many required fields any more:)

When I stumbled over your contribution that suddenly atracted me and that suits my needs much more. Givin potential customers a better navigation I think. So I will get working on implementing that one.
    and also the omagehandler you suggested;)
    Greets
    Bert
    Mr Bert
    Two of the shops I worked on:
    http://stockphoto.mrbertdesign.nl/
    http://www.luxim.nl

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Picture Gallery product type, photobox / lightbox

Hi
    Elsewhere there's a 'lightbox' contrib which gives big pics on mouseover.

Actually 'lightbox' is also the term for what picture houses (image banks) use for customers to select and store permanent listings of pics they might want to purchase later.

So has anyone got a use for such a 'photobox'? Its a lightbox list setup complete with logged on customer admin.

Actually it works with any product type, not just gallery.

If anyone wants to try it on line, make a zencart user at my gallery test site
    http://www.consciousness-centre.co.uk/czc/

Once you are logged in,

To start, you need to create a lightbox first, using the new sidebox 'lightbox' links.

the idea is, use the square icon under each product in a product listing, to save that image, title and description text into your current lightbox. You can then edit the lightbox contents later as you wish.

btw I will call this system 'photobox' because of the other contrib name.

But is it any use? :) Obviously I know what my potential usage is on that site, its same as for picture houses lightboxes.
    Last edited by hareslade; 22 May 2007 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo

Plugin Contributions

hi,

i want to create a really simple picture gallery. The pictures are not for products or selling products.

I want to create something like this-

http://www.hamishmcbeth.com/happyCus...happySnaps.asp

can this mod do this?

Plugin Contributions

You could use this contribution but if you don't need zencart for other reasons, use something like 'Singapore Gallery' which is stand-alone php, it doesn't even need a mysql database.

'Gallery 2' is more complex if you want more facilities, that needs mysql database I think.

There are lterally hundreds of free gallery designs, the one here is done to integrate into zencart, so just for a gallery its a big deal compared to the stand allone ones.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234