Plugin Contributions

Default Authorization to browse...but not show login screen as first page

I have a wholesale site and I want to know if these two things are possible:

1. Can I have the product/category pages not show unless a customer is authorized to browse BUT let them/anyone see the other pages in the site (such as the sidebox info, etc. I have information pages about the products I sell and would like people to be able to read those without needing to register.

2. If #1 is not possible, then can I change the page so it's not the login screen? I would like to have an index page that tells what I sell and also tells people that we are wholesale...please register for an account, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorization to browse...but not show login screen as first page

I'm also looking for a way to do this.

Plugin Contributions

just checking - would anyone have any ideas if this is possible and how to do it? :) Please?

Plugin Contributions

I am befuddled ...

You want them to Login to see things ... but you don't want them to go to the login screen first thing and you want them to be able to see things ...

How about make it where they have to Login to Buy anything but can browse around and not see prices nor shop until they login ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

It doesn't make sense when you put it that way.

It just now occurred to me how to do this and it has nothing to do with zencart programming.

I will make a 'regular' index page in my root folder...and on that page tell what my site is about...telling retailers to register (need to get authorization before browsing) and then have a link to the index of the store, which will be the login page.

That's basically what I wanted, but it must have been late late late when I posted my question (or maybe not?) and I must have had zc on the brain.

(What I wanted people to be able to see were the ezpages, 'info pages' inthe sideboxes, but not the product categories.)

Thanks Ajeh!

Plugin Contributions

There's no point preventing access to the entire website and only providing a login/register form. I want to have an about page (index) with some information about the company and previews of products. It would also be helpful to be able to see the privacy statement and other necessary information before users register.

How about make it where they have to Login to Buy anything but can browse around and not see prices nor shop until they login.
    That's not what the client asked for.

Is there any safe way to modify Zen Cart to do this? If not, then I can forget the idea.

Plugin Contributions

Aren't Products without prices or Product Listings without Prices or Searches without Prices or Specials without Prices or Featured Products without Prices more or less Previews?

Could you me a little more specific on what you really need in the way of Previews and such?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!