Plugin Contributions

Default Shared SSL, two servers, config help?

Hello everyone
    have realised my first post doesn't make much sense so am trying again. I'm trying to install zencart on easyspace with shared SSL on a different server.
    Easyspace won't set the thing up so that I can share secure and non-secure docs from one folder, so I need to clone my site on the secure server. I tried this and get 'page not found' errors.
    if I switch ssl off, everything works fine - so I'm pretty certain its a config file problem. As it stands, the config files are identical on both servers - which is obviously not right.
    I'm pretty new to all this web stuff and haven't a clue how to change the config files
    can anyone help?

in a previous post about shared SSL and plesk, Vger suggests a vhost_ssl.conf file with some code listed, but I have no ideal where to put this
    I'm desperate to get this sorted quickly as my web shop is about 6 months late now and I'm running out of time and money
    cheers
    Toria

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shared SSL, two servers, config help?

Toria - I suspect the reason you got no reply to your earlier post is two-fold:

1. Some folks are still recovering from New Years.
    2. It's not going to work, for oh so many reasons.

You have a choice - either run the shop without ssl, go for a full ssl cert on the same server, or go elsewhere.

There's another company, much larger than Easy Space, that has this setup, shared ssl on a different server, and no one I know of has been able to get shopping carts to work on their shared ssl - and so I suspect the same is true of Easy Space.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shared SSL, two servers, config help?

Hello Vger
    thanks for your reply - I'd already figured out that if it was this difficult it wasn't going to be viable - i found another thread that talked about having to manually link images between cloned sites and all sorts of other boring stuff -
    and I'd also worked out that if you couldn't give me an easy answer, no-one could - I'd spotted your moniker both here and on the oscommerce forum.
    I didn't want to change hosting as I've spent alot of money with them, and they are likely to charge to change domains - but then, I'm potentially losing money for each day the site doesn't work ...so i've put in hand to change hosting to a more zen-friendly company - looks like from the link at the bottom of your post, I've chosen yours!! (oooh creepy crawly!)

looking forward to getting this cart going - it looks like it will be wicked
    cheers
    Toria

Plugin Contributions

Default Re:

My advice was - it's not going to work!

Vger