Plugin Contributions

Default Blank Page after a new account is created

Hello,

After I go through the first step of creating a new account from the users area, i hit submit and the browser goes to the create_account page but never goes to the create_account_success page.

All i get is a blank page and in the address bar is http://.......create_account. The account does get created though, and the confirmation email is sent to the user and shows up in the admin panel.

Please let me know if you need to see the site to give it a try.

Please help me find out what is wrong.

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank Page after a new account is created

You have most likely had a problem with incomplete uploads via FTP and thus have some files that are not properly usable on the server. Sometimes FTP programs experience a timeout in the middle of a file and leave it in a bad state. Re-uploading with a good FTP program like FileZilla usually solves this problem. Failed uploads are reported at the end, and you can re-upload the failed files by clicking the appropriate option.

Or, you may have attempted to customize some language content for the create_account_success page but ended up with a syntax error which leaves the server unable to properly process the files to generate the required page. This will sometimes result in a blank page as you mentioned.

Since you said the email is sent and the account shows in the admin, it suggests either of the issues I mentioned, and not a problem with the email subsystem.

One approach I use for diagnosing odd problems (although it's not always a quick assessment) is this:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues
    This approach will reveal anything that doesn't match what was expected to be on the server, and thus give clues as to how/what to try fixing next ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.