Plugin Contributions

Default Admin > Tools > Template Selection = blank screen?

Hi Forum,
    I just installed Zen Cart 1.3.7 without much trouble. I then configured my store, realizing I have some learning about the business side of things. When I try to create my on templates and go to admin-tools-template selection all I get is a blank screen. If I do a 'View Source' I also get a blank screen. Looking at http://localhost/zencart/admin/template_select.php, it has 251 lines of php and html code.
    template_select.php permission 777
    /admin/ permission 755
    My system is Fedora Core 6 kernel 2.6.18-1.2868.fc6xen
    php version 5.1.6
    MySql version 5.0.27
    Apache 2.2.3
    Firefox 1.5.0.9

My thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin > Tools > Template Selection = blank screen?

First thing to try is reupload the whole admin directory overwriting all of the files.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim, thanks for the quick reply, but after uploading the admin directory I still had the same problem.
    Looking at the logs showed me this;

[FONT=Courier New, monospace][error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/html/zencart/includes/templates/my_template/template_info.php on line 14, referer: http://localhost/zencart/admin/index.php[/FONT]

well, you don't know how many times or how long I look at ~/my_template/template_info.php - line 14. It turns out that when I was editing the file, I blew away the ending single quote mark {'} on line 13.

Now the server logs are without [error] messages but...

[FONT=Courier New, monospace][alert] [client 127.0.0.1] /var/www/html/zencart/admin/includes/.htaccess: order not allowed here, referer: http://localhost/zencart/admin/templ...=1&action=save[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace][alert] [client 127.0.0.1] /var/www/html/zencart/admin/includes/.htaccess: order not allowed here, referer: http://localhost/zencart/admin/login.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace][alert] [client 127.0.0.1] /var/www/html/zencart/admin/includes/.htaccess: order not allowed here, referer: http://localhost/zencart/admin/index.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace][alert] [client 127.0.0.1] /var/www/html/zencart/admin/includes/.htaccess: order not allowed here, referer: http://localhost/zencart/admin/[/FONT]

and this is after I renamed ~/admin/includes/.htaccess to ~/admin/includes/htaccess_off, no preceding {.}.

After I log-in to admin, I'm taken to a very plain screen with the “powered by Zen Cart”, the date and time in the upper left and “Your version of Zen Cart™ appears to be current.” with menu “Admin Home | Online Catalog | Support Site | Version | Logoff “ in the upper right. Below this is a long list of links, starting with “Configuration” with subcategories of “My Store, Minimum Values...” all the way down to “Extras” with subcategories. When I click on a link I have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.

This doesn't seem right. What does the server logs mean by “[FONT=Courier 10 Pitch].htaccess: order not allowed here[/FONT]”?

Once again thanks!

Plugin Contributions

i also have the same problem....i followed the steps in the FAQ and tried making the directories in order to make my own template.....when i got to the step that says to enter the 'tools->template selection' page..i got a blank page.....i reuploaded everything and nothing has changed..its still blank....

Plugin Contributions

unexpected T_STRING in /var/www/html/zencart/includes/templates/my_template/template_info.php on line 14
    From the mentionned file, could you post it's content (between php bbcode) here ? Sounds like a typo issue error.

Plugin Contributions

umm all i have written in my template_info.php file on line 14 is

$template_description = 'This template was created June 02, 2007 for Abbas Jeffay's website www.ljsewing.com.';

Plugin Contributions

There goes that need for the escape on the apostrophe ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

well i took the easy route and just decided to delete any text regarding description in line 14. Saved it..reuploaded it and it seems to work now. I don't get the blank template selection screen

Plugin Contributions

Or, you could replace the above with:

PHP Code:
    $template_description 'This template was created June 02, 2007 for Abbas Jeffay\'s website www.ljsewing.com.'
    If you're using apostrophized characters, make sure that, between those marks, that Jeffray's (also includes an apostrophized character) that is not being considered as the same as your beginning and the end of that line. Otherwise, it will be considered as the end of the line from Jeffray's and the rest of the line would simply be ignored (so no longer considered as String with the variable).

Another way to avoid further problematics, you can use quotes like this:

PHP Code:
    $template_description "This template was created June 02, 2007 for Abbas Jeffay's website www.ljsewing.com."
    This way, it doesn't require any cancelation of any apostrophized characters since the beginning and the end are not being used by the same characters.