Plugin Contributions

Default Emails Not Arriving

[FONT=Courier New]Something is getting filtered somewhere. Here’s my problem. On my server I have my POP email account set to forward any and all emails to mysite################## email account. I send an email to [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]info AT mysite DOT com[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] from any email address except yahoo or hotmail and it bounces to my MSN email inbox as advertised. Not so if I send an email from hotmail or yahoo. I open the “Contact Us” page of my ZenCart web site which is configured to send an email to [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]info AT mysite DOT com[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] and the email never arrives. I have tried putting in that the email address to contact me, the customer and originator of the email, as every imaginable return address I could come up with. Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, PeoplePC, another work account, you name it and it still doesn’t come through. So far all that I have been able to accomplish is a successful email from any place outside hotmail or yahoo. Nothing successful from the “Contact Us” page.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have contacted my host and they tried putting in another forward account and sending an email from hotmail. It was successful for them. Contacted MSN and they see no reason why this should be occurring. Especially since I can email from hotmail or yahoo directly to [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]mysite AT MSN DOT Com[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]. Also, I cannot send an email from my ZenCart admin.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have configured junk mail and spam filters on my MSN account to every imaginable angle. Also I have changed my email settings in ZenCart Admin and my host’s Admin to about every conceivable configuration. Same results each time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I've read everything I can find here and the FAQ's and still haven't figured this out. Has anyone else had anything like this? Is there something that I am overlooking? Any ideas on what I might configure next?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Dan[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emails Not Arriving

After what seems an eternity of configuring I have most of my email exchanging working. If you are using an MSN account as your primary email account this info might be useful.

I never did get my "Contact Us" and "Hotmail/Yahoo" emails to be forwarded by my host. It sure did seem that the emails were reaching my hosts default email account but I never had them show up in my MSN inbox regardless the forwards I told it to do. To get around this I configured MSN options at my MSN email account to allow me to download the emails at my hosts pop email account. I removed all forwards from my hosts pop email. I configured the "Contact Us" portion of Zen Cart to send to my hosts default account. Now I log into my MSN email and activate the download from my pop account and all messages are delivered to my inbox. I think I like doing it this way as I will always be able to seperate out the messages that I recieve from my web site.

I still have not accomplished sending an email from my zen cart admin but I'm working on it. With emails coming directly to my MSN address I doubt that I will be originating many emails from my admin anyway.

Hope someone finds this useful. It sure was a frustrating evolution for me to get it done.

Dan