Thread: PHPBB Problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PHPBB Problems

I see that the login information is supposed to be shared but it's not working for me. I tried making a dummy account on the PHPBB and then I tried to log into Zencart with it but it does not work.
    Can someone tell me why?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHPBB Problems

I think it works the other-way-round.

For example, your customer creates an account with Zen Cart and a phpBB account is automatically setup.

Plugin Contributions

did you have phpbb installed before your installed ZenCart?
    If so, did you enable this during setup?

If not have you enabled it in the admin?

And checked the configure.php file and insured that the path to your phpbb install is correct?
    Code:
      define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/');
    or if in a folder say named "forum":
    Code:
      define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/forum/');
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

My forum has been there for a while and I have over 2000 people on it. Yes, I configured it when I installed ZenCart and the config is fine (the link in the sidebox is correct).

I did a test order and made a new account... it DID create an account on my message board. But what about the 2000+ already signed up on my message board? It looks like when they register they'll need to create a new nickname, because I did.

Plugin Contributions

I haven't used the PHPBB integration yet, but based on what you're saying it would certainly be a problem if someone registers in the forum, THEN decides to become a Zen Cart customer and has to adopt a new forum nicname.

Can you restrict forum membership to Zen Cart customers only, I mean disallow direct registration via PHPBB?

Plugin Contributions

Actually I am actually more interested in the other way around, People registering at the forum, then if they visit the zen cart, they would be already registered, or need only to add minimal information. Not possible?

My idea is doing a community here, they having a small shop to sell specific memoribia

Plugin Contributions

I guess you could hack PHPBB to re-direct the 'join forum' link to the Zen Cart sign-up page. Then on the Zen Cart 'account success' page you could provide a link to 'return to forum'. They are then members of your shop and the forum.

Plugin Contributions

A related problem: Once the user sets up their nickname during Zencart registration, what happens if they forget it and want to look it up somewhere?

I can not find anywhere that the customer can check this info in their "account info" area. I even can not find this nickname anywhere in the admin area. I suppose I could find it in the MySQL database, but that's a little inconvenient, right?

Am I right about this or just completely crazy? If I am right, is there any way to solve this, i.e. any way to make it easier for the customer to look up their nickname?

Thanks!

Thomas

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thomasw98 View Post
    A related problem: Once the user sets up their nickname during Zencart registration, what happens if they forget it and want to look it up somewhere?

I can not find anywhere that the customer can check this info in their "account info" area. I even can not find this nickname anywhere in the admin area. I suppose I could find it in the MySQL database, but that's a little inconvenient, right?

Am I right about this or just completely crazy? If I am right, is there any way to solve this, i.e. any way to make it easier for the customer to look up their nickname?

Thanks!

Thomas
    They can retrieve their account in PhpBB...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sharath View Post
    They can retrieve their account in PhpBB...
    I don't think this will work...if they do not remember their nickname, i think there is no way to retrieve it from the forum. They could possibly look at the entire member list and search for a familiar-sounding nickname there, but that is not a very efficient or reliable solution either.

I am thinking of trying to display their nickname on the my account page by calling the variable, but not exactly sure how to do this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast