Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

HTML Area Not Working

Can someone please help me, for some reason the HTML Area is not working within the Admin area within Define Pages Editor?

What can be wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML Area Not Working

Is it switched on in Admin-My Store; HTML Editor ?
    If it is enabled, but doesn't work, what browser are you using? Is there anything at all showing up?

Plugin Contributions

Re: HTML Area Not Working

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy
    Is it switched on in Admin-My Store; HTML Editor ?
    If it is enabled, but doesn't work, what browser are you using? Is there anything at all showing up?
    Hi,
    thanks for your reply, I have checked all the settings and yes it is swiched on, but just not working. I have Internet explorer 7.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Adds
    Hi,
    thanks for your reply, I have checked all the settings and yes it is swiched on, but just not working. I have Internet explorer 7.
    You're welcome. Okay, hmmmm... is the editor area blank or does it appear to work, but just doesn't save what you're trying to type?

Plugin Contributions

Re: HTML Area Not Working

You're welcome. Okay, hmmmm... is the editor area blank or does it appear to work, but just doesn't save what you're trying to type?
    It's just blank, All i get is the following:

Note: you should always edit the files located in your current template override directory, Example: /languages/english/html_includes/
    Be sure to make backups after changing your files.

Editing file:
    /home/adam123/public_html/includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_main_page.php

With no HTML editor?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Adds
    It's just blank, All i get is the following:

Note: you should always edit the files located in your current template override directory, Example: /languages/english/html_includes/
    Be sure to make backups after changing your files.

Editing file:
    /home/adam123/public_html/includes/languages/english/html_includes/define_main_page.php

With no HTML editor?
    This also the same isue when addeding products? No HTML Area?

Plugin Contributions

Oh, so no place to edit due to no editor at all...

Okay, maybe try to re-upload; includes/editors folder... perhaps there was a file drop that occurred and rendered the editor unavailable. Perhaps, re-uploading will help.

Usually, if the editor is present and appears functional, but no text changes have occurred... usually has to do with permissions via each file to modify. If the permissions are too tight, then no change will be executed.

I had a heck of a time trying to decipher why my pages wouldn't be affected by the editor. I had tried everything and a bottle of wine. Then, I tried it in IE7... worked like a treat. Then again, I can't even log into Admin using Firefox anymore... it doesn't like me.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, so no place to edit due to no editor at all...

Okay, maybe try to re-upload; includes/editors folder... perhaps there was a file drop that occurred and rendered the editor unavailable. Perhaps, re-uploading will help.

Usually, if the editor is present and appears functional, but no text changes have occurred... usually has to do with permissions via each file to modify. If the permissions are too tight, then no change will be executed.

I had a heck of a time trying to decipher why my pages wouldn't be affected by the editor. I had tried everything and a bottle of wine. Then, I tried it in IE7... worked like a treat. Then again, I can't even log into Admin using Firefox anymore... it doesn't like me.
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply, for some reason i do not have the editors folder uploaded, i upgraded vi my hosting company. Where can i get the folder from?

Plugin Contributions

I was going to say I'd send you the file folder, but it's good for you to have the full file set on your computer as backups and comparisons. You can download the fileset here;

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171544

Maybe, just confirm this incident with your host as well. Also, ask them if you have the latest security patches.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47774

Plugin Contributions

I was going to say I'd send you the file folder, but it's good for you to have the full file set on your computer as backups and comparisons. You can download the fileset here;

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171544

Maybe, just confirm this incident with your host as well. Also, ask them if you have the latest security patches.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47774
    Thank for your help,
    I have downloaded and uploaded the editors file and still unable to get HTML area to work?

I just do not know what to do now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast