Plugin Contributions

Default OK you win, I give in!

OK you win, I give in! I must be stupid!
    I have been running an .asp site with Front page and now GoLive code for 8-9 years and thought it would be relatively easy to migrate an existing site to .php! How wrong can you be? I feel as dumb as a 'bag full of hammers'. For the life of me I cannot 'get it together'.
    I have all the bells and whistles as suggested in this Forum, I have installed Zen cart to two directories, working on one and comparing to the other, but have so many questions not answered by hours of reading the Forum my head is spinning.
    It seems to me that .asp deals with image assembly, but .php deals with text, which hopefully will display images if you get it right? Is that a fair analogy?
    One of my basic problems is just beyond admin config. Where is the 'made' page file structure found? It seems to come from a variety of sources.
    Do I have to keep files which I know I'm never going to use? For example Music Genre stuff, can those be deleted without causing future problems?
    When installing do I make up an empty directory to place all my 'made' pages in? Surely I don't have to keep ALL these files when uploading to my operating site from localhost? If so the web site file will be enormous!
    As you can see, a rank amatuer in .php.
    Anyone care to take me in hand until I can get it together, I don't want to waste the forum's time with such trivial questions. If you wish to contact me direct use beeworks.david###################### I'll willingly take it off forum.
    You can see what I have done in the past at www.beeworks.com
    Just today, I suddenly cannot log into my admin config area, ah! well back to the drawing board and start again.
    Regards Hive Man
    PS My congratulations to the forum members. It is refreshing at last to get an answer when writing in.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: OK you win, I give in!

You essentailly do not make "Pages" for this application. You define elements like the header, the footer and the general layout 1, 2, 3 columns, the colors/images of all this are mostly in the stylesheet with a few exceptions.

You make your own template in includes/templates/your_template_name and edit the template_info.php file to reflect this name, and apply this in the admin > tools > template selection.

The php takes care of parsing the elements and assembling the pages dynamically .

So actual pages do not exist as in say a html site where each page must be written and maintained.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten