Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Drop Shipping Purchase Orders Module for v1.3.8

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=981

Very hot, released right now. It's a surprisingly popular :) contribution and thank you to all those who use it - you guys give me a way to pay back to the ZC community for making ZC happen in the first place!

If you search this forum for "Drop shipping" or "Purchase orders" you will find some past threads showing the feedback this module had, this should help you decide if you need it (if the users manual at the bottom doesn't help there).

Tia.

Maciek

V1.3B UPGRADES
    1) Incorporated updates and fixes made by Prattski to make this ZenCart v1.3.x compliant. TESTED ON 1.3.8.
    2) General code maintenance, moved all necessary information to configuration variables
    3) Updated list of available mail template tagnames both in subject and in contents of sent messages
    4) Added debug mode for sending POs (admin/includes/extra_configures/purchaseorders DEBUGMODE set to Yes if needed)

USER'S MANUAL (CRUDE FOR NOW)
    All of the options are available in the admin, of course.

EXTRAS/EDIT SUBCONTRACTORS
    1) You can enter a list of subcontractors/dropshippers (SCs from now on) you work with (all their contact info, emails, phone, etc.)

EXTRAS/SET SUBCONTRACTORS
    2) You can set a default SC for each product

CUSTOMERS/SEND POS
    3) Using admin you can send POs to SCs

3.1) For each order in Processing you will see a list of all ordered products along with customer info in a simple table. For any 1+ -> all of such order items, you can send POs to their default SCs, or select another SC from a drop-down list (separate for each ordered item and customer). One of the SCs is called "Own stock" which means you commit to ship the item from your stock. Useful if you happen to do that. :)

3.2) For each product item selected, they will be grouped by customer into respective POs and emails will be sent to those SCs. Each PO would be dated and numbered. All the info for drop-shipping is in the email: what was ordered and where does it have to be shipped to.

Example:

- John ordered 5 items. 2 of them from SC#1, 2 of them from SC#2, the last one normally sent from your stock
    - Mary ordered 3 items. 1 from SC#1, 1 from SC#2, 1 from your stock

Say you have a returned item identical to one of John`s normally sent to SC#1 on your own stock and you want to move it.

Hit the Send POs screen. You`ll see 8 rows in the table. One for each ordered product. Each product would have a check box (send PO yes/no) and a drop-down menu (choosing the recipient of the PO, already prefilled upon default product SC).

You`d flip all the Send PO checkboxes to yes. You would change the John`s product you happen to have from SC#1 to `Own stock`. You`d hit SEND POs.

SC#1 will get 2 emails. One for each order and with one product on each one.
    SC#2 will get 2 emails. One for each order, with two products on each one.
    You will get 2 emails. One for each order, first with 2 products (John) and the other with 1 product (Mary).

3.3) You would be able to re-send POs. You`d be able to search past POs by number, date range and recipient. Say SC#2 cannot process Mary`s order, but SC#1 can (although he wouldn`t be the default recipient). Look up that old PO by number, change the recipient to SC#1 and hit SEND. It`s renumbered and re-dated and emailed to SC#1.

CUSTOMERS/ENTER TRACKING

4) For items sent to your own stock, you`d be able to enter tracking numbers. THIS WOULD WORK THANKS TO THE TY_PACKAGE_TRACKER Contribution. YOU NEED TO HAVE IT INSTALLED IN ORDER FOR TRACKING TO WORK!

5) Each PO email will have a link to a simple form that would allow the recipient to choose which items were shipped and enter tracking info (carrier and number) for each (or all if he did it right and bundled them in a package). Thus you, the store owner, know all tracking info for each package that was shipped for that order.

6) The comments for the order would be updated with tracking info (with a link to the carrier's tracking page already prefilled with the tracking number) and a designation which item(s) were shipped in each package.
    Last edited by kuroi; 18 Jun 2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Replace link for externally hosted and out of date package with link to latest version in Zen Cart download section

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Drop Shipping Purchase Orders Module for v1.3.8

Wow, I look forward to testing this mod. Is this still in "beta" or is it ok for live sites?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Coop1979 View Post
    Wow, I look forward to testing this mod. Is this still in "beta" or is it ok for live sites?
    It's OK for live sites. I'm using it.

Plugin Contributions

So here's a question - how hard would it be to have the system hold the orders and send them out once in a batch (in one email) at a pre-specified time? We send all of our orders at 2pm everyday.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Coop1979 View Post
    So here's a question - how hard would it be to have the system hold the orders and send them out once in a batch (in one email) at a pre-specified time? We send all of our orders at 2pm everyday.
    You would have to write your own version of send_pos.php. It's doable, but not easy.

Plugin Contributions

Run into a problem when I installed it. Actually, let me back up. This is BRILLIANT and the timing couldn't be better!

I'm getting this error when i send a PO (just one) and when I re-send an old PO (all 3 together) - the PO is still sent.

Code:
    Warning:  mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/****/public_html/admin/send_pos.php on line 457

Warning:  mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/****/public_html/admin/send_pos.php on line 460

Warning:  mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/****/public_html/admin/send_pos.php on line 465
    Quote Originally Posted by Keepsake View Post
    It's OK for live sites. I'm using it.
    Personalized candy favors and gifts: http://www.westcoastfavors.com

The Sea Crew: http://www.theseacrew.com/shop/

Plugin Contributions

It's not an error, as you see, it's a warning. It's got something to do with your MySQL version. Which one are you running? Does anybody else have this?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. Here are my details.

PHP Version: 4.4.4 (Zend: 1.3.0) PHP Memory Limit: 40M
    Database: MySQL 4.1.22-standard

Quote Originally Posted by Keepsake View Post
    It's not an error, as you see, it's a warning. It's got something to do with your MySQL version. Which one are you running? Does anybody else have this?
    Personalized candy favors and gifts: http://www.westcoastfavors.com

The Sea Crew: http://www.theseacrew.com/shop/

Plugin Contributions

If I install this can I set it up so that orders that are always fulfilled by a single place are automatically sent as soon as the credit card charge is approved?

Maybe that is the default behavior?

-jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jgarvas View Post
    If I install this can I set it up so that orders that are always fulfilled by a single place are automatically sent as soon as the credit card charge is approved?

Maybe that is the default behavior?

-jeff
    No, the module doesn't have that behavior implemented at all.

Maciek

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast