Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute price and base price

[FONT=Arial]I am trying to set up product's attribute price and when I do that base price of a product gets added to the attribute price in the shopping cart. How do I prevent that?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Thank you[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute price and base price

Unless Ajeh has added a switch for this that I have not yet found you can't but one can work around this with the factor and offset values
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Actually I have noticed that, is there a way to just put in an attribute price without adding a base price to it?

Plugin Contributions

People confuse Products that are Priced by Attribute and Products that have Attributes with Prices ...

A Product that is Priced by Attribute means that you cannot show the Displayed Price without combining the lowest price of all of the Attributes together to make the Displayed Price ...

A Product with Attributes with Price means ... the Product has a Price and then there are options (attributes) that you can choose to add to this Product Price ...

Most Products are not Priced by Attribute ...

A Product for $10.00 with the options:
    Color Red
    Color Blue
    Color Silver +$5.00
    Color Gold +$10.00

Is NOT Priced by Attribute ... it is a Product with Attributes that has options ... some of which have prices ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Linda Your a Geneous! Thank you solved this for me and all man kind :)

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,

I have just been having the same problem as I have bags which are different colours but the same design of bag but there are some which have a different material and cost more. eg.

normal bag in red cost £50
    normal bag in blue cost £50
    bag in blue denim cost £55
    bag in red corduroy cost £59

I have set this up with the price by attribute ticked but discovered that the price generated was doubled. My solution was to have the bag at £0.00 and then to put an absolute cost (no + sign ) for the price against each attribute.

This worked fine until just recently when I changed my carriage calculations and I also wanted a sale.

The sale price was not calculating and carriage was been calculated off for a product under £40 rather than over £40 becuase the bas price was zero although the attribute was more.

I want the price in the attribute drop down list to show as the full price not a +£5 or +£9.

What is the best way to set up the product.

Thanks

MG

Plugin Contributions

Hi me again.

I just experimented and noticed that if I turn price with attribute off that it is allowing me to have a price showing if I still enter a price for the product in each attribute but this then doubles the price when it is added tot he cart even if you take out the + sign.

This is great but if I now become VAT registered and have to have VAT showing I need to amend my main price. The calculation does not adjust/reflect correctly in the attribute. My gross price is still the same but my net price is lower. The attribute takes this price as net not grossand I will now have to enter my net price and adjust all my attributes.

Is there a quick way of doing this or a switch which says that price is gross or net for the VAt caluculation purposes. I have some 1500 product many with 5+ and some up to 20 attributes. That could be worse case 15000 price changes to make.

Any ideas please.

Thanks
    MG
    Last edited by MikeyG; 19 Jan 2007 at 02:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

just wondering if any one has an answer or can explain how to set up the product with attributes to show the full price and not double the product's price when it is added to the cart.

this is also effecting a shipping calculation.

Can any one help?

Thanks

MG

Plugin Contributions

Probably quicker if you can do a 2nd install of Zen Cart with the demo products installed as these cover and explain the settings and you can also look at the admin side & settings
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
    just wondering if any one has an answer or can explain how to set up the product with attributes to show the full price and not double the product's price when it is added to the cart.

this is also effecting a shipping calculation.

Can any one help?

Thanks

MG
    Try this... hope this answer isn't too late, LOL!

Set your product price to 0.

Set your product to "priced by attributes".

Go the the attributes controller, and add the full price to each attribute (without the + sign).

For each attribute, turn the purple button (Include in Base Price
    When Priced by Attributes) OFF for all attributes EXCEPT for the first one - which should be the lowest priced attribute)

You can also turn the "Starting at" text on, under "Catalog", "Product Types" and then edit "Product General.

So now, your product can say "Starting at: £50", each attribute will show its full price, and when its added to the cart, it won't double, and it will work correctly for sales and for shipping.

Few, that took quite a while for me to iron out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast