Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Orders - IPN Problems with 1.3.6 and 1.3.7

I've been reading through all of these posts for many hours now and, having done everything recommended and checked everything recommended, PP is still not sending me emails of purchases and the sales are not showing up in Admin. PayPal itself (business account) is showing that the transactions are going through and is sending me email payment notifications, but the IPN Return is not working. Both email addresses are identical (PP admin and ZC admin). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the payment modules and shipping modules. My client is losing track of the orders because he can't fill what he doesn't know about!

This is a brand new install (not an upgrade), ver. 1.3.6, using only PayPal and Check/Money Order for payment options and Per Item & UPS as the only shipping options. I have installed four other ZC stores for other clients and they all work perfectly, especially the older versions. They are all hosted by the same company, so there are no ISP issues.

I've read the thread on the seo.url.php patch, but since I have not installed that add-on module, I don't have a file by that name (at least I don't think I do). I can't find where to modify this: "The solution: In the class file seo.url.php we just have to add a check for ipn_main_handler.php."

I also just completed a clean install (in a separate database) of ZC ver. 1.3.7 with demo products and am having the exact same problems. Double/triple checked everything. Even the PP Express module doesn't work in this new version.

My client's PayPal account works fine for other payments purchased elsewhere. My other four stores are working FINE and they are earlier versions of ZC. What gives?

Will someone PLEASE help?! The store is located at http://www.bobfitts.com/store/index.php

Thanks,
    Gary Stripling, President
    The Management Agency, Inc. (TMAInc)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Orders - IPN Problems with 1.3.6 and 1.3.7

In all of the reading, do you remember the instructions for turning on the debugging email? What does that say?

If the shop is doing enough volume that they can't figure out PayPal orders, perhaps a real merchant account would be a good idea?

Are you reconfiguring? Went to test and this is what the Checkout Payment page looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kim; 12 Jan 2007 at 03:00 AM.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Without researching this intensely, it sounds like the settings on the Paypal end are misconfigured. I'd suggest signing in to the paypal account and under "My Account" and "Profile" check the settings under Instant Payment Notification Preferences and Website Payment Preferences. Please let us know how it turns out!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TMAInc View Post
    I've been reading through all of these posts for many hours now and, having done everything recommended and checked everything recommended, PP is still not sending me emails of purchases and the sales are not showing up in Admin. PayPal itself (business account) is showing that the transactions are going through and is sending me email payment notifications, but the IPN Return is not working. Both email addresses are identical (PP admin and ZC admin). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the payment modules and shipping modules. My client is losing track of the orders because he can't fill what he doesn't know about!

This is a brand new install (not an upgrade), ver. 1.3.6, using only PayPal and Check/Money Order for payment options and Per Item & UPS as the only shipping options. I have installed four other ZC stores for other clients and they all work perfectly, especially the older versions. They are all hosted by the same company, so there are no ISP issues.

I've read the thread on the seo.url.php patch, but since I have not installed that add-on module, I don't have a file by that name (at least I don't think I do). I can't find where to modify this: "The solution: In the class file seo.url.php we just have to add a check for ipn_main_handler.php."

I also just completed a clean install (in a separate database) of ZC ver. 1.3.7 with demo products and am having the exact same problems. Double/triple checked everything. Even the PP Express module doesn't work in this new version.

My client's PayPal account works fine for other payments purchased elsewhere. My other four stores are working FINE and they are earlier versions of ZC. What gives?

Will someone PLEASE help?! The store is located at http://www.bobfitts.com/store/index.php

Thanks,
    Gary Stripling, President
    The Management Agency, Inc. (TMAInc)

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: PayPal Orders - IPN Problems with 1.3.6 and 1.3.7

I am having the same problem. I upgraded from version 1.3.6 to 1.3.7, and for some reason the sale went through to my paypal account but didn't send me a invoice or notice. all i got was a e-mail form paypal stating a payment has been made. The order doesn't show up as a new order. I have cart recover mod install and it shows as if the purchase was never completed. With version 1.3.6 every worked fine. any ideas why it stop work now?
    Lextechs.com Powered By ZenCart

Plugin Contributions

I've had a couple orders where I've experienced this as well in 1.3.5. I checked my IPN setting in PayPal and everything is correct. It's weird because the other 30+ orders in the past couple months have worked fine.

Plugin Contributions

PayPal has been upgrading some servers and it is possible that services were interrupted at various times.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

So is there a way for me to get the order details out of ZC or are they lost? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Same thing happened to me. I received an order, got an email from paypal but now I am stuck because I have no idea what my customer ordered. I received their payment but now I have no idea what to send them. Neither of us got a confirmation email. I hope this gets figured out soon, thanks.

Plugin Contributions

In the dark blue bar above- click the Wiki link- there is a big article on troubleshooting PayPal.

Plugin Contributions

What my main issue is in the normal Paypal in v1.37 is that the new feature - having the receipt show what was ordered (provided I read it properly in the 1.37 pre-release announcement) is not working.

We are reciving emails of the order from the store, however not receiving the confirmation emails from Paypal like we used to. I have gone over and gone over the settings.

I dont know if the name of the item ordered not showing and the email from Paypal not being received are related or not.

This v1.37 is an upgrade from 1.36, and as per the upgrade instructions I did uninstall and reinstall after the upgrade.

I am hoping both of these issues are due to some new setting I have yet to find, and not a glitch that needs to be tracked down <crossing fingers!>

thank you,

betty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast