Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Installation can't find version.php

I've scanned through the forums pretty extensively and haven't managed to find a workable solution to this issue. I'm getting these errors when I try to install Zencart:

Warning: require(version.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/thesite/store/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 26

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'version.php' (include_path='/usr/local/php/lib/php') in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/thesite/store/zc_install/includes/application_top.php on line 26

The installation is on a local development machine. I copied all the files over a Samba share and have repeatedly checked that all the necessary files are present, directory permissions are set, and so on.

This is the first time I've ever had to write a post for help, as I've always managed to work my way through these types of issues. This is truly baffling - or maybe I'm just tired and should sleep. Regardless, I'd REALLY appreciate if someone could give me some insight on how to actually solve this issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation can't find version.php

You might check your server's errorlog to determine why it thinks the file cannot be found ... perhaps it's denying it due to a permissions issue, or worse, an ownership issue.

All the script knows is that when it asked for access to the file, it was denied. Whether that's due to server permissions or non-existent files etc, is unknown to Zen Cart.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response. I checked the log, there was unfortunately no useful information.

At this point, I've burned up way too much time trying to fix this problem - I give up. I've moved onto osCommerce (which I understand Zen Cart is based on) and even though it had a similar problem, I was able to play with the include_path to make it work well enough to use.

For your own reference, I'm using Apache 2.2.3, php 5.1.6, with everything's installed into the default location. I've never had problems of this nature with the many open source packages I've used and even though some have given me various kinds of trouble in the past, this is the first time I've ever thrown my hands up in frustration at not being able to get one to work.

This is definitely an issue that should be looked into. I'd imagine I'm not only one who's encountered this, though maybe most people just move on to different cart software without reporting the problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What exactly did you have to change with your include_path to make the other software work?

Perhaps that's the cause of your installation problem ...

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The include_path was /usr/local/php/lib/php

For osCommerce, when I modify the include_path by appending the full path to the store directory, the site works. However, I need to modify the include path to reference the admin directory (and restart Apache) when I want to use the administration pages.

I was able to make these kinds of changes to get Zen Cart to install and run. However, I was never able to see the administration pages regardless of what I did to the include_path. There was always some sort of "require()" error.

I should also add that I would still like to use Zen cart, as I'm finding some of osCommerce's features to be lacking.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Does your include_path contain a reference to "." anywhere ? It should, or else the "current directory" cannot be referenced "relatively", which is how Zen Cart operates.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, yes. That did it. Thank you very much. It makes sense in hindsight but since no other software I've used, including my own, required that it never occurred to me. Maybe a special "note" should be added to the installation instructions under the "Uploading Zen Cart" section. Such a thing would have saved me a lot of time.

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same problem. What file did you edit to place the "." in?
    Thanks in advance,
    Doug

Plugin Contributions

Uh,
    Never mind........

Plugin Contributions

email error Re: Installation can't find version.php

I have had the same problem - same error, during local installation.
    I tweaked the paths - the installation process went then unhindered - db setup went perfectly.
    Now I wanna view the shop or admin panel -> no files can be found.
    Just a white page with a handful of "files cannot be found" error messages.

Guess I need to make a fresh setup -
    So dear, in which files do I have to change or adjust what?
    Apache2 is installed in the root.
    Shop is in htdocs.

I would very much appreciate if the above exchange of information and resolution could be made more transparent as I couldn't follow it.
    I cannot upload a application to the server I have not tested and checked what it is capable of and how easy or difficult it is to customize the visual design.
    I never had the problem before - not with eZ, not with Typo, not with Drupal

Cheers and Thanks,
    Doris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast