Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Disappearing Specials...or are they???

The 'Walking Sticks' category has just one sub-category at the moment called 'Folding Canes'. I disabled it then created a new sub-category with the same name. The new one displays fine.

The only difference I can see between the old and new one is that the old one had an image uploaded for the sub-cat image.

I've just had a thought. Both the wine merchant site and this one run the Image Handler 2.0 contribution. Could that be where the problem lies, as things seem to be falling over just where the image should be coming in? Sorry I never thought of that before.

What do you think?

Plugin Contributions

It is possible ...

Something is blocking the loading of the page ...

And as it is sporadic there appears to be something about a given product that triggers this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That's what I was wondering about with Image Handler, or does it only do its thing when images are uploaded in the first place?

Plugin Contributions

Image Handler is not part of the Zen Cart core code so I do not know off hand the answer to that ...

Perhaps someone who uses it will see this and be able to help you further ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Disappearing Specials...or are they???

Hi, I too have a similar problem. I am using Zen Cart 1.3.7, I have defined a Special and it is activated. I can see this Special in a Left Sidebox. Yet when I click on the Specials SideBox Header (Specials [More]) or click on the Specials... link in the Categories Box I get essentially a blank page. That is, I see the store header, the sideboxes and the footer but no specials, and no SPECIALS page title. See www.bestdarndogstuff.com/store/ . I am not using the Image Handler 2.0 third-party mod. Please help.

PJD

Plugin Contributions

Does it work better if you have more than one item in the Database?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Does it work better if you have more than one item in the Database?
    No, no better... (actually we're just starting out so there are only two products defined (out there, , on the WWW), one is Special.) I have a local copy on the PC where many more products are defined and are on Special, or Featured or Salemaker items and am experimenting with how they interact with each other (but no specials to see in the centerbox area).

I've been following several threads that seem to allude to the situation of having a Specials page that is blank, to no avail. I have switched back to the Classic Green template - nothing. Someone somewhere suggested that margins were not right, I tried their suggestion - nothing. Another suggested that being signed in would allow these to show (vs showcase only or something) - nothing.

For example, in Featured Products, even if there is only one product and that one product is featured, going to the Featured Products page shows that one product in the centerbox area. I know that there are differences between Featured, Specials and Salemakers though. I just cant put my finger on what is happening with Specials not being displayed in the centerbox area. But, thanks for the tip Kim.

PJD

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to ask an obvious question and apologies if it sound cheeky, but have you checked the actual Specials file to make sure that nothing's happened to it? You could rename it with .old at the end to have a backup, then upload an original of it. Worth a try?

Andrew

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webworkshop View Post
    have you checked the actual Specials file to make sure that nothing's happened to it? Andrew
    I should check the actual file, but as I am new at this (ie. very new) I havnt got the whole SQL database thing down yet. Can you provide me stepwise instructions on how to check the Specials file, what to do, and what to look for. I would appreciate it.

p.s. this is a clean install of 1.3.7 at my host and some of the only things I have changed are some of the text defines and of course the style sheets. But I would like to check the file if I knew what to look for. Thanks.

PJD

Plugin Contributions

bug Re: Disappearing Specials...or are they???

Hi Again,

any experienced Zen folks, please take a look at this code. I have been having trouble getting my Specials to display when I click on the 'Specials...' link in the category sidebox and elsewhere. It seems as though the file should be OK since I can see the special when I look at the product directly. The following code is a snipit from what I get when viewing the empty (blank) Specials page Source code.

I start from the eof ez-pages marker through the footer link for the Home page. As you can see there seems to be no code for the display of the Specials in the centerbox area.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated by this new Zenner. Thanks.

------------
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
    <head>
    <!--// eof: ezpages //-->
    </div></td>
    <td valign="top">
    <!-- bof breadcrumb -->
    <!-- eof breadcrumb -->

<!-- bof upload alerts -->
    <!-- eof upload alerts -->

</td>
    </tr>
    </table>

<!--bof-navigation display -->
    <div id="navSuppWrapper">
    <div id="navSupp">
    <ul>
    <li><a href="<A href="http://bestdarndogstuff.com/store/">Home</a></li">http://bestdarndogstuff.com/store/">Home</a></li>
    </body></html>
    ------------

Please Help. See my previous posts for what I've tried so far and the store link. I'm on a clean install of v1.3.7.

PJD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast