AH HAH !!! Success...... After a few weeks of searching I found the reason why, when clicking on the "Specials..." link in the categories, I cant see the Specials, yet I know I have specials designated. DUH... really simple... when setting up a special, in addition to making sure that all the regular specials switches, where you thought they would be, on the Admin side are set to show specials, BE SURE to also go to the MAXIMUM VALUES Page in Admin>Configure and MAKE SURE that the PRODUCTS ON SPECIAL maximum value has a value greater than ZERO. YUP, thats all it was, at least in my case!

OK problem solved. But, now a request, it just seems to this new zenner that the settings are almost randomly placed. I am never sure whether to go to Admin>Configuration>Product Listing, or Index Listing, or Product Info, or, as in this case, MAXIMUM VALUES>Products on Special value. If possible , could the Administrative end of Zen Cart be re-organized so that similar items are all on one page for some future release? Maybe I'll get used to it the way it is in time.

PJD