Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Image Display Size Only As I Loaded It

I'm having lots of troubles with images. Regardless what I try they display at whatever size I loaded them. The only way that I can change the size is through admin where if I tell it to display the small image at 50x50 it will display an image that I loaded at 100x100 at the prescribed 50x50. I have followed this to the letter but I'm still turning in circles. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ghlight=images What appears is going on is the image I load is displayed at whatever size I load everywhere except where admin forces it to be smaller and the _MED and _LRG files are being ignored.

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Display Size Only As I Loaded It

So I am confused - exactly what do you think should be happening? The URL where this can be seen?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Kim my site isn't live yet so it's a little difficult for anyone to get to it without multiple passwords, etc.

From what I understand when thumbnails are loaded they have a name such as picture.jpg. Then larger images of the same image are loaded via ftp as picture_MED.jpg and picture_LRG.jpg into the images/medium and image/large folder. On the site category pages the thumbnail image is viewed and on the product info page the _MED image is viewed then on the click to enlarge pop up the _LRG is viewed. With this set in admin it automatically indexes the _MED and _LRG as appropriate.

My problem is that it appears my _MED and _LRG are being ignored. I've looked almost everywhere and for the life of me can't figure out why my _MED and _LRG are not being indexed. The only image that will appear is at the size I loaded via admin.

Dan

Plugin Contributions

What are the permissions on your medium and large directories? Did you FTP the med and large to their directories?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Permissions for medium and large directories 777. I've tried changing all of the image permissions to 777 from 644 which they were when they were loaded but that doesn't seem to matter.

Thumbnails loaded via admin controls when I set up the product.
    _MED and _LRG loaded via ftp into the images/medium and images/large directories.

Reading the above referenced tutorial I think I have the admin controls set right to index the _MED and _LRG.

Seems to me as though I probably need to tell a configuration file to look for the _MED and _LRG. I would think this would be written to the appropriate file with admin set up correctly bet apparently there is something else I'm missing.

Dan

Plugin Contributions

I am having the exact same problem. See my post "Second Image Not Displaying". My images have always worked fine until just a few days ago. I haven't changed any code, permissions are correct and I haven't changed anything in admin. I've cleaned my cache and rebooted, refreshed, everything! Double checked my spelling, letter case, placement. Nothing seems to work. Now it appears I am not the only one with this issue.

Hoping for a resolution soon!
    Smurf
    Sterling Estate Sales
    Over 6,000 new and gently used items

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem and have been trying to figure this out for hours.

I have also loaded the small image (into the images main directory) when creating a new product and ftp'ing the _MED and _LGE to their proper directories (CHMOD at 777).

Only the small image gets displayed when I do this, no matter if its the home page, product page or the supersized.

If I do it backwards and upload the _LGE image when doing the product, the image sizes for all 3 (small _MED and _LGE) use this huge file size.

I also tried a MOD called Image Handler and that made no images appear on the product page and the supersize couldn't be found (white box with red x).

Something is wrong with something. I am using 1.3.7 (latest version of Zen Cart)

Plugin Contributions

The default for the large file is _LRG are you using _LRG or _LGE

Have you an URL to the Product that you are having problems with?

What do you think the Product base image name is and where do you think you have it loaded?

What do you think the medium and large image filename are and where do you think you have them loaded?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This is where and how I loaded mine. My images are named:

images/product.jpg
    images/medium/product_MED.jpg
    images/large/product_LRG.jpg

Thumbnails loaded via admin controls when I set up the product.
    _MED and _LRG loaded via ftp into the images/medium and images/large directories.

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Im having the same problem, the uploaded image is being used for all 3 image sizes and doesnt create the _MED and _LRG versions. When clicking the properties of each different image, the same file isbeing used in the images/ folder, no sign of images/large or images/medium in the url.

It's like the first version of osCommerce...

Check this link:

http://www.mustangireland.com/index....ndex&cPath=169

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast