10 May 2007, 08:44 AM
Re: Patched PayPal Express Checkout and IPN module
Patch Issued May 10, 2007
This fix includes:
- ** NEW ** IPN module now supports PDT Payment Data Transfer, resulting in far more reliable immediate activations of orders ... leaving your site less reliant on IPN communication for regular orders not paid by echeck.
See instructions for configuring PDT below.
- accented characters outside the standard english alphabet are converted before sending to PayPal IPN
- telephone number confusion for non-North American countries now resolved (IPN)
- minor tweak for mysql5 compatibility
- Express Checkout now converts Yukon Territory properly despite PayPal's incorrect province-code
- debug infrastructure improvements
- this zip now also includes the updated tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file which was updated in January to support inline display of shipping-estimator data on the shopping-cart page
- If you are using the IPN module, you WILL need to remove and re-install the PayPal IPN module (after recording your settings) in order to benefit from the enclosed fixes.
- You will also need to remove and re-install the PayPal Express Checkout module in order to activate the MySQL5 fixes -- whether you are using Express Checkout or not (if you're not using it, you may de-install it again after installing).
Files affected in this patch since the March 21 patch are:
(Yes, this patch is cumulative of all patches in this thread. You do not need to install each one individually ... just the most recent. Be sure to remove+re-install the module in the Admin, as indicated).
Configuring PayPal IPN module to use PDT (Payment Data Transfer) for quick order activation:
1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click on Profile
3. Click on Website Payment Preferences
4. Make sure Auto Return is turned On. The URL should point to your site's checkout_process page: https://my_store/index.php?main_page=checkout_process
5. Turn on Payment Data Transfer.
6. Click Save
7. On the next screen, Copy and Paste the supplied Identity Token from the PayPal screen into your Zen Cart PayPal IPN module's PDT Identity Token field, and save the settings.
5:00am EST - paypal_functions.php file updated in new attachment.
Last edited by DrByte; 10 May 2007 at 10:04 AM.
Reason: missing function added to attachment
Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
Donations always welcome: www.zen-cart.com/donate
Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.
By pwoens in forum PayPal Express Checkout support
Last Post: 6 May 2008, 01:32 AM
By lastpirate007 in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
Last Post: 18 Jan 2008, 04:45 AM
By antonia in forum PayPal Express Checkout support
Last Post: 12 Dec 2007, 07:46 AM
By tammyblalock in forum Upgrading from 1.3.x to 1.3.9
Last Post: 2 Jun 2007, 04:39 AM
By xscd in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
Last Post: 30 May 2007, 05:34 AM
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2013 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC