Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New Products display Issue

As per Ajeh's suggestion, I am posting this in hopes that a nice style-guru can help.
    On my site www.throughmylensphotography.com/store I have a New Products box in the content. The problem is that it doesn't display the items an nice orderly rows. one row may only list one product, then the next row lists 4. I just want them to line up without blank spaces.

Plugin Contributions

image problem Re: New Products display Issue

Hi -- I have a New Products display issue also. Although I found a closer match to my problem here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...nwanted+images
    The above however is an old thread that has been closed off and doesn't pertain to 1.3.7.
    1.3.7 doesn't have the file "main_template_vars_images_additional" to check.

To cut a longer story short, I'd appreciate any assistance to be able to remove the vertical line of images I have just above the 'New Products' and below the final line of my text.

I'm still editing a client's site and am not live - but here is the offending page to help with clarity.
    http://ghphosting.com/eestore/index....=index&cPath=1

I'm sure its something simple... as usual... but my brain won't tell me what it is.

Many thanks in advance - and thanks for the light you are always so fantastic at shedding on our problems.

Regards
    Dusky.
    Last edited by Dusky; 26 Jan 2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: To check Instant email notification box.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Products display Issue

Zen Cart uses an automatic system to add the "Additional Product Images". Thos images show because you have them named similarly to the main product on that page. For more information on image naming conventions, try a search for calicocat*
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response Kim -- I'll look into it.

Dusky. x

Plugin Contributions

Okay.. I see how that may be the case for someone.

I tried renaming the images, but the only thing that happened was that the images were replaced by blank squares on the same page. The placement of the images still remained whether it could read the image names or not.

Could there be something in the tpl_product_info_display.php that could be creating this scenario?

Or am I thicker than two short planks? :)
    Over...

--- oh... to add..
    The third image in the vertical line is named 'image(1).jpg' and has been from the onset... so I'm thinking the 'calicocat' theory may not apply?
    Last edited by Dusky; 26 Jan 2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: to add...

Plugin Contributions

My apologies for not paying proper attention to the page I was looking at. The page you posted is the SubCategories display and those images are the subcategories associated with the category you are in.

They should be displaying across the page not in a single line - they should be floated left.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Ok... sorry for the lack of complete Zen, but where would I go to change this?

And mostly -- I didn't really need those images there at all, so can they be removed and where would I go again?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    My apologies for not paying proper attention to the page I was looking at. The page you posted is the SubCategories display and those images are the subcategories associated with the category you are in.

They should be displaying across the page not in a single line - they should be floated left.

Am I assuming that this is a bug? I haven't handled any of the SubCategory files manually, and I haven't 'Add include SubCategories' etc in the setup of the items...
    I haven't been able to locate anywhere to edit anything [ie 'float: left'] for SubCategories using the Developers Toolkit...

Where can I go please Kim?

Stumped downunder :)

Plugin Contributions

Are you seeking a resolution? You've disappeared Kim.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: New Products display Issue

Okay Kim... no I was seeking resolution. :)

So... there wasn't the word 'SubCategories' to find.
    Anyhow... the work is in the stylesheet for anyone who comes across this.
    (I know I'm must sound mind-numbingly boring)

--------------------------------------------------

{
    #logo, .centerBoxContents, .specialsListBoxContents, .categoryListBoxContents, .centerBoxContentsAlsoPurch, .attribImg {
    float: left;
    }

--------------------------------------------------

It straightened the images out from being horizontally aligned one on top of the other, to vertically aligned. I still don't want them on the page because they are unnecessary, but at least it doesn't look as bad as it did.

Peace,
    Dusky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast