Plugin Contributions

Default IE 7.0 / HTMLEditor conflict?

Store (V 1.3.6) has been moving along pretty good on the Linux install - thanks to the help of several wonderful people here.

Then last night I allowed the IE update on my machine....

Now the HTML Editor is funky. It doesn't allow proper editing and the Color patch pops up but when I try to highlight text and change the color
    1. THe color panel appears behind the browser.
    2. Highlighted text is unselected as I click on the color - so I can't do anything with that.

I've tried copying html created elsewhere - but that doesn't take so I need a resolution.

Re-installing the editor doesn't cut it. So I'm guessing the JavaScript is disabled somewhere....I can't find that setting yet.

I am wondering, though. WordPress apparently has a WysiwygPro that I understand get's past this glitch. Would it be save to install that into the editors folder? If so do I delete the current htmlarea directory? Is there any other setting I'd need to know about?

If this is not an appropriate solution, what other alternative do I have?

Thanks for your help.

J-M
    Last edited by j-m; 20 Jan 2007 at 03:26 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IE 7.0 / HTMLEditor conflict?

If I were you, I would switch to firefox, add the web developer and firebug extensions, and only use IE to evaluate the final "look" of your site.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IE 7.0 / HTMLEditor conflict?

Thanks for this. I understand the difference between Firefox and IE and I have no problem with checking the final "look" of my work.

The question is with the HTML Editor inside the Zen-Cart.

In fact, I am working on two different Zen-Carts. On one of them works perfectly so I know there's something beyond the norm.

The HTML Editor simply doesn't function properly in this second store. It started with:

It doesn't allow proper editing and the Color patch pops up but when I try to highlight text and change the color
    1. The color panel appears behind the browser.
    2. Highlighted text is unselected as I click on the color - so I can't do anything with that.

Now I don't have any HTML functionality in that store - even though the settings appear to be correct. It doesn't matter if I'm working with IE or FireFox. The HTML box simply doesn't work although I've elected to use the HTML option.

I'm simply looking for a more reliable way to work with Zen-Cart. I know I must be missing something, but what?