Plugin Contributions

Default configure.php file help need

Hello,

I'm having trouble with the part of the installation where you need to make two configure.php files and enter in info and then upload them etc. I don't know what im supposed to enter in the files. Can anyone help me? I can make the files and upload them ok but need to know what needs to be in them first!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: configure.php file help need

They should be created for you during the install process. Did you use the zc_install method of installation or something different?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    They should be created for you during the install process. Did you use the zc_install method of installation or something different?
    I did what the install guide told me to do for a new install, which was to go to my shop addy; "mywebsitename.com/shop".

Plugin Contributions

Found solution to my problem. was easier than i thought.

thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it going, but...

Please let others that read this thread know what you did to fix the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by o.martin View Post
    I'm having trouble with the part of the installation where you need to make two configure.php files and enter in info and then upload them
    Can you point us to the installation guide that tells you to do this. It needs correcting.

This is the one to use or the one that you will find in the docs folder of your Zen Cart package (they say the same things).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Sorry I didn't help by telling people what I did to figure the problem out. The reason I got confused because I either read the install guide wrong or you didn't mention in enough detail that you just need to upload an empty file called "configure.php" and then the install package will do the rest.

It says in the guide:

=====(START OF QUOTE) "Creating the configure.php files Two files need to be created on the server. These are the configure.php files that identify the settings of your particular server and the location of the files that you just loaded. After they have been created, you will then need to change the permissions on these files.

NOTE: Changing permissions can be done via your FTP program with the chmod feature. Usually clicking right on a directory or filename will open a menu with this option (perhaps under "Properties")

On the server locate the file: /catalog/includes/dist-configure.php
    Rename this file to configure.php and change the permissions to 777 (read-write-execute for all)

Next, on the server locate the file: /catalog/admin/includes/dist-configure.php
    Rename this file to configure.php and change the permissions to 777 (read-write-execute for all)"
    (END OF QUOTE)=====

Another reason why its confusing is because it says to upload two configure.php files to the specific locations specified in the guide and then it continues to tell you to rename the file "dist-configure.php" files in their locations; This confused me!

You could edit it so it says (im aware it already says this in a different way):

Creating the configure.php files:

Create two empty "configure.php" files and upload them one to ("/catalog/includes/") and the other one to ("/catalog/admin/includes/").

^^This is where I miss understood what was needed to be done. The wording is basically all that should be done to help clearly state the requirements.

This is up to you though.
    Last edited by o.martin; 24 Jan 2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: update

Plugin Contributions

Both configure.php files should be included in the installation download and just need to be modified. I've never had to create empty ones for a ZC installation.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

As noted above, they come in the package as dist-cofigure.php which may lead people to believe they are not there.
    The ZC_Install process renames and populates them during installation.
    Why anyone would want to bypass installation is a mystery but, I have lots of friends with shrink-wrapped manuals crying, "How do I do this?"

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    As noted above, they come in the package as dist-cofigure.php which may lead people to believe they are not there.
    The ZC_Install process renames and populates them during installation.
    Why anyone would want to bypass installation is a mystery but, I have lots of friends with shrink-wrapped manuals crying, "How do I do this?"
    When all else fails... read the manual.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey