Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN error - wrong e-mail address

Some of my customers are not able to pay throgh paypal - the get the message that the e-mail address given buy the seller is not valid.
    But then again others are able to shop just fine.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal error - wrong e-mail address

Will need more information to answer your question.

1. What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    2. Which PayPal module are you using?
    3. What have you used for the email address in configuring your PayPal module?
    4. Have you turned on Debug Logging? What's in the log files/emails ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have the 1.3.6 version.
    How do I find out which paypal module I'm using? (you have to excuse me - I'm Norwegian :) )
    What do you mean with q nr 3?

I have not turned on the Debug Logging

This is my store: http://www.wedoscrap.com/shop

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    3. What have you used for the email address in configuring your PayPal module?
    4. Have you turned on Debug Logging? What's in the log files/emails ?
    3 - Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal IPN -> Edit .... what is the Email address you entered there?
    Does this email address match your "Primary" email address according to your PayPal profile at paypal.com ?

4. In the same screen, scroll down to the "Debug Logging" section, and set it to Log to File.
    Then do some test transactions.
    Perhaps even have one of your customers repeat a transaction that was failing.
    Look at the logs. Perhaps zip them as an attachment here, so we can review them for potential problems.
    The logs will be stored at /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs
    (You'll need to make that folder writable ... chmod 777 permissions )

I don't think this is a problem with the module, and thus I'm not convinced that the logs will be very useful in your case, since I suspect there's something misconfigured in your PayPal.com profile to cause the problem you mention.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN error - wrong e-mail address

Ok - I've done what you asked.

But it is only some of the customers who experience this, I've had two contacted me, and the others are doing fine.

But I got this message today when entering the admin/module/payment section,

CURL functions not found - required for Linkpoint API payment module

Plugin Contributions

DrBYTE
    I have also been contacted by a customer. In spite of the error having the term IPN its from the use of the express checkout. I say this because I do not have PayPal IPN turned on.
    1. What version of Zen Cart are you using? (1.3.7)
    2. Which PayPal module are you using? (Express)
    3. What have you used for the email address in configuring your PayPal module?(Not used in the express module)
    4. Have you turned on Debug Logging? What's in the log files/emails ?(yes see attachment and PM for password.)

Please delete this attachment.
    Last edited by DrByte; 28 Jan 2007 at 09:52 AM. Reason: attachment removed

Plugin Contributions

This problem has occured at my site lately too, It seems like it's those who want to pay using their own paypal account who excpreience this problem. Everything is configured right, and my primary e-mail adress is correct, but still they get this error message:

"We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the
    PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to
    resolve the problem. When you have the correct email address, payment can be
    made at www.paypal.com."

This is very frustrating because I have new customers everyday. It's so strange because I haven't done any changes since I started.
    Zen Cart themes at www.csstemplateheaven.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can anyone provide a screen-shot of this error?

I'm trying to get assistance from PayPal, and a screen-shot would help tremendously.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you indicate what the customer was attempting to purchase at the time?
    Is it possible that these purchase attempts were related to an order that would have had Free Shipping ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm mindful that the three of you reporting this have done so "after" the following bugfix was activated on PayPal's servers, specifically to address the problem you mention:
    http://www.pdncommunity.com/blog/art...&jump=true#M48

My question is ... did you actually encounter the problem *after* the 17th? or did it happen on or before the 17th and you simply didn't get a chance to post until later ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast