Thread: SaleMaker????

Plugin Contributions

Default SaleMaker????

This is something I can't believe hasn't been addressed. I am trying to create a sale for certain manufacturers or certain items. I have many products in my store and I would like to run a sale for one week on some of the older products that have been on my store but not the new stuff coming in. Is there no way to do this? This is for a clothing store which is running different sales all the time for different periods of time for certain brands and so on. We are trying to match the sales that are running in the retail spot to the online store. Any help would be great. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SaleMaker????

Specials can mark down any *single* item in the shop. Salemaker marks down categories or the whole shop. If you want Salemaker to do a sale you will have to put all of the products for that sale into a category.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to put a category on sale but not certain items or a certain manufacturer? Or perhaps a 3rd party module that could do this?

Plugin Contributions

You can make a new Category and add the products that you want on Sale to it as a Linked Product then reset those products to use that Category as their master_categories_id and then when you set the Sale via SaleMaker the products in that Category is on Sale ...

For a Manufacturer's sale ... you can make a Category for the Manufactuer and add all products to it as Linked Products ...

Set that Category as the master_categories_id for the products ... then put that Category on Sale ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!