Plugin Contributions

Default The phpbb class not found error -- root cause determined

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: phpbb in /home/thereefs/public_html/proteinskimmer/includes/autoload_func.php on line 79
    Yeah yeah yeah... I know, go read the release notes -- that wasn't my problem. After a bit of troubleshooting and frustration, I found out what was. I don't have phpbb setup, or ever did, and I also started with a fresh 1.3.7 unzip that I 'patched' up with my binaries and custom template and minor mods -- the same process that has worked for quite a few upgrades. What happened to me is I didn't upgrade my cfg files. The reason I didn't was simple -- there was a big giant red X graphic telling me my database would be destroyed if I didn't click upgrade database next! So, when I clicked upgrade database, it never gave me the option to update the configs, so I figured everything was okay -- after all, there was a big red x telling me I had one option if I didn't want to destroy my database, and then it told me I was done! I went back and re-ran the zc_install goodness and this time I picked upgrade cfgs. After walking through the process, it took me through upgrading the database again, which of course, I skipped. Then everything worked great.

Basic premise is if you give people an angry enough red X, someone is gonna do exactly what it tells you to the letter. I guess the message should say "DO NOT CLICK INSTALL" instead of "CLICK UPGRADE DATABASE NEXT" or similar. Blah, you get the picture.

Hope that helps some of you out who were frustrated with this one and had a perfectly lowercase phpbb class file and nothing to go on.

Wayne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The phpbb class not found error -- root cause determined

Thanks for the update!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The phpbb class not found error -- root cause determined

THANK YOU!!!

I'm going to try that because this is exactly my case!