Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Refund or Partial Refund functionality? (problem with SuperOrders)

When i attempt a refund or partial refund through the express module, I'm taken back to my orders screen and no refund is issued. I'm using v1.3.7 and am making sure to tick the 'Confim' box. The rest of the payment module appears to work wonderfully....

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Refund or Partial Refund functionality?

There is usually a delay with PayPal of a few seconds or so ... so the screen redraw doesn't show the change until you look again ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    There is usually a delay with PayPal of a few seconds or so ... so the screen redraw doesn't show the change until you look again ...
    Actually, the refund just never takes place. Can I do an email/debug and post the results to see what I'm doing wrong?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you turn on debug logging, you'll get emails about the attempted refund, which could be useful ... but only if it's actually sending the refund request to PayPal.
    You'll also get "GetTransactionDetails" emails every time you display an order in the Admin. These might be useful, but probably won't supply anything needed other than an error message saying why it cannot talk to PayPal ... which would be a cause for refunds to not work too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I turned this on and received the email, but it tells me basically nothing. Says nothing about the refund request. It could be possible that I've not the latest module? The upgrade on my cart was kind of half-assedly done by a third party.....

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same issue. I can go to Paypal directly and offer the partial refund but in the Zen-Admin, when I attempt to process the partial, I do not see it updating the order totals.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    I am having the same issue. I can go to Paypal directly and offer the partial refund but in the Zen-Admin, when I attempt to process the partial, I do not see it updating the order totals.

Any suggestions?
    The "refund" option within Zen Cart's order page currently doesn't update the order's total. It only updates the order's status if the refund notification comes back from PayPal to confirm it.

If you want to manually update the order total, you'll have to use an addon such as super orders. It will not be automated, but at least you can make the alterations on-screen manually.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the suggestion. I did attempt to install this but keep getting an error.

1062 Duplicate entry 'CA' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_so_payment_types VALUES (NULL, 1, 'CA', 'Cash');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion. I did attempt to install this but keep getting an error.

1062 Duplicate entry 'CA' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_so_payment_types VALUES (NULL, 1, 'CA', 'Cash');]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I should have mentioned this error happens when I attempt to run the included SQL script with Super Orders.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same issues with the refund and the SuperOrders - there must be a bug in this?? The refunds are definitely not being processed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast