Plugin Contributions

Default Comodo TrustLogo Contribution Installation

I am in the process of installing the Comodo TrustLogo v1.0 Contribution (Sideboxes category) on ZC v1.3.7. The Apple Zen v1.1 Template Contribution (Templates category) is already installed on ZC.
    The SSL Certificate has been installed on the ZC host by the Host Provider (Lunarpages).

Only the secure pages of the ZC store (login & checkout) will display the Comodo seal in the dedicated sidebox. Non-secure pages will be without the Comodo seal sidebox.

The installed sidebox properly displays the Comodo provided seal image (instantssl_site_seal.gif).
    The mouse over (2-3 second delay) does not provide the expected ID authority credentials. Instead, the following message is displayed: “ID authority credentials are not available for this site”.

The Comodo Verification Engine (Vengine) has confirmed that the SSL certificate has been properly installed (credentials are displayed).

I made sure that the “Word Wrap” feature was turned OFF and made one modification to the Comodo URL required to fetch the site credentials in “/includes/templates/apple_zen/commom/html_header.php” at or near line 40 by adding the following: type="text/javascript"

After modification at or near line 40:
    <script language="javascript" src='<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? 'https://secure.comodo.net' : 'http://www.trustlogo.com'); ?>/trustlogo/javascript/trustlogo.js' type="text/javascript"></script>
    <?php

You can review by visiting the ZC store Web site and using the top horizontal menu bar >> MY ACCOUNT >> Log in (or Create Account) at:
    http://aws-pm.com/zen137/

I did not find ZC Forum posts pertaining to this situation. What am I missing?
    Thanks for your help.

deBeaujeu

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Comodo TrustLogo Contribution Installation

what happens when you follow the instructions at trustlogo using any page which is not part of zen-cart, at least to determine if the problem is the cert or your config..

Trustlogo instructions as per lunarpages (which I also use):

"Copy this graphic to the relevant images folder on your account.
    Next, visit ...trustlogo.com/support/index2.html and follow the instructions.
    This page will help you build the HTML needed to correctly implement the TrustLogo into each webpage for which you plan to display your secure and authentic status.

FAQ's for SSL can be found at
    ...instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-support/server_faq/ssl-server-certificate-index.html"

Another thing I do with regards to graphics display is in the tpl_comodo_logo.php I use a basic comodo graphic (non secure) and in the tpl_comodo_logo_ssl.php I use the authentic secure comodo graphic.

Plugin Contributions

You should ask your SSL provider (Comodo or possible a reseller) that THEY have entered your details in IdAuthority. After that your seal will show up correctly
    zensational

Plugin Contributions

The Comodo Verification Engine (Vengine), a browser add-on free from Comodo, has the capability to access the IdAuthority database and display the URL credentials. In my case, the verification was positive. It means that my SSL certificate credentials info was loaded on the IdAuthority database and that the certificate is properly installed on the ZC host.
    http://www.vengine.com/products/vengine/index.html

File “includes/templates/apple_zen/sideboxes/tpl_comodo_logo_ssl.php/” specifies the secure image provided by Lunarpages with the SSL certificate: instantssl_site_seal.gif. This image is the one visible on my ZC store.
    It is my understanding that Comodo first authenticates this image in the verification process. This image authentication is bypassed by Vengine!!!

File “includes/templates/apple_zen/sideboxes/tpl_comodo_logo.php/” specifies a non secure Comodo image: secure_site.gif. This image is not display on my ZC store.

deBeaujeu

Plugin Contributions

so long as path specified in tpl_comodo_logo.php points to the image secure_site.gif, it should display, assuming it's turned on in the layout controller thing, admin.. sideboxes.. comodo_logo.php.. status is on.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, made a wrong posting.
    Last edited by Rik; 3 Feb 2007 at 03:47 PM.
    zensational

Plugin Contributions

I finally identify the nature of the problem to the Comodo TrustLogo capability not being active on my domain.
    The Basic SSL Certificate acquired from my Host Provider and Comodo reseller (Lunarpages) does not include the TrustLogo capability. For the Basic SSL Certificate ($49), TrustLogo has to be acquired separately. Should you acquire the Pro SLL Certificate ($69), then the TrustLogo capabilty is included.

On the positive side, this problem solving effort forced me into a careful compare of the Contribution php code, before and after parsing, against the suggested Comodo code and, it is a perfect match: http://www.trustlogo.com/ssl-certifi...ort/index.html

Should you want to use the new COT (Corner of Trust) TrustLogo, please refer to the following URL: http://www.trustlogo.com/ssl-certifi...rt/index2.html

Comodo Vengine will display IdAuthority credentials but will not tell you if TrustLogo is active on your domain. In doubt, check with Comodo or your reseller.

deBeaujeu