Plugin Contributions

Default Product Page Headaches

I've been searching and read what seems like hundreds of questions and still not managed to figure this out. I would appreciate ANY help on the following issues so I can finish playing with this test site and get ready :) (note: all files I mention are in my custom template, not the core files)

1. I moved the attributes section in tpl_product_info_display.php to just above the cart. This put it above the cart and "sort of" lined up if I change the cart to float left in the .css. However, I would LIKE to have the attributes and the cart immediately follow the end of the description and to the right of the image. If I remove the <br class="clearBoth" /> right after the product description ONE attribute moves up to just after the description, but any additional stay under the image. Also, even for items with no attributes, the cart never moves up at all. Here's a sample http://hedofashions.com/shop/index.p...&products_id=8

2. Besides having the attributes right after the description, I would like additional images in a horizontal row EITHER right under the main image, or between the description and the start of the attributes. I assume that if #1 is resolved, just moving it in the file may resolve this one. This is as close as I've come to either desired outcome: http://hedofashions.com/shop/index.p...&products_id=7

ANY help would be awesome !!!!! Thanks!

LOL, and then I'm sure I'll have more problems soon to come :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Page Headaches

First one first:

change the file to allow it to move up under the description and try this in your stylesheet.css
    Code:
    #productAttributes {
         float: right;
         width: 50&#37;;
         }
    Then see what occurs with the additional images
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for looking and helping !!!!!!! I added that to my .css and got:

http://hedofashions.com/shop/index.p...&products_id=8

Here's my tpl_product_info_display.php:

<?php
    /**
    * Page Template
    * Loaded automatically by index.php?main_page=product_info.<br />
    * Displays details of a typical product
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: tpl_product_info_display.php 5369 2006-12-23 10:55:52Z drbyte $
    */
    //require(DIR_WS_MODULES . '/debug_blocks/product_info_prices.php');
    ?>
    <div class="centerColumn" id="productGeneral">
    <!--bof Form start-->
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('cart_quantity', zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($_GET['products_id']), zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"') . "\n"; ?>
    <!--eof Form start-->
    <?php if ($messageStack->size('product_info') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('product_info'); ?>
    <!--bof Category Icon -->
    <?php if ($module_show_categories != 0) {?>
    <?php
    /**
    * display the category icons
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_category_icon_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_category_icon_display.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof Category Icon -->
    <!--bof Prev/Next top position -->
    <?php if (PRODUCT_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT == 1 or PRODUCT_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT == 3) { ?>
    <?php
    /**
    * display the product previous/next helper
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_products_next_previous.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_products_next_previous.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof Prev/Next top position-->
    <!--bof Main Product Image -->
    <?php
    if (zen_not_null($products_image)) {
    ?>
    <?php
    /**
    * display the main product image
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_main_product_image.php'); ?>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Main Product Image-->
    <!--bof Additional Product Images -->
    <?php
    /**
    * display the products additional images
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_additional_images.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_additional_images.php'); ?>
    <!--eof Additional Product Images -->
    <!--bof Product Name-->
    <h1 id="productName" class="productGeneral"><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1>
    <!--eof Product Name-->
    <!--bof Product Price block -->
    <h2 id="productPrices" class="productGeneral">
    <?php
    // base price
    if ($show_onetime_charges_description == 'true') {
    $one_time = '<span >' . TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGE_SYMBOL . TEXT_ONETIME_CHARGE_DESCRIPTION . '</span><br />';
    } else {
    $one_time = '';
    }
    echo $one_time . ((zen_has_product_attributes_values((int)$_GET['products_id']) and $flag_show_product_info_starting_at == 1) ? TEXT_BASE_PRICE : '') . zen_get_products_display_price((int)$_GET['products_id']);
    ?></h2>
    <!--eof Product Price block -->
    <!--bof free ship icon -->
    <?php if(zen_get_product_is_always_free_shipping($products_id_current) && $flag_show_product_info_free_shipping) { ?>
    <div id="freeShippingIcon"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON; ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof free ship icon -->
    <!--bof Product description -->
    <?php if ($products_description != '') { ?>
    <div id="productDescription" class="productGeneral biggerText"><?php echo stripslashes($products_description); ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof Product description -->
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <!--bof Attributes Module -->
    <?php
    if ($pr_attr->fields['total'] > 0) {
    ?>
    <?php
    /**
    * display the product atributes
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_attributes.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_attributes.php'); ?>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Attributes Module -->
    <!--bof Add to Cart Box -->
    <?php
    if (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == 3 and TEXT_LOGIN_FOR_PRICE_BUTTON_REPLACE_SHOWROOM == '') {
    // do nothing
    } else {
    ?>
    <?php
    $display_qty = (($flag_show_product_info_in_cart_qty == 1 and $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart($_GET['products_id'])) ? '<p>' . PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_TEXT_IN_CART . $_SESSION['cart']->get_quantity($_GET['products_id']) . '</p>' : '');
    if ($products_qty_box_status == 0 or $products_quantity_order_max== 1) {
    // hide the quantity box and default to 1
    $the_button = '<input type="hidden" name="cart_quantity" value="1" />' . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id', (int)$_GET['products_id']) . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_IN_CART, BUTTON_IN_CART_ALT);
    } else {
    // show the quantity box
    $the_button = PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_TEXT . '<input type="text" name="cart_quantity" value="' . (zen_get_buy_now_qty($_GET['products_id'])) . '" maxlength="6" size="4" /><br />' . zen_get_products_quantity_min_units_display((int)$_GET['products_id']) . '<br />' . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id', (int)$_GET['products_id']) . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_IN_CART, BUTTON_IN_CART_ALT);
    }
    $display_button = zen_get_buy_now_button($_GET['products_id'], $the_button);
    ?>
    <?php if ($display_qty != '' or $display_button != '') { ?>
    <div id="cartAdd">
    <?php
    echo $display_qty;
    echo $display_button;
    ?>
    </div>
    <?php } // display qty and button ?>
    <?php } // CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == 3 ?>
    <!--eof Add to Cart Box-->
    <!--bof Product details list -->
    <?php if ( (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model != '') or ($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) or ($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) or ($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name))) ) { ?>
    <ul id="productDetailsList" class="floatingBox back">
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_model == 1 and $products_model !='') ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MODEL . $products_model . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_weight == 1 and $products_weight !=0) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT . $products_weight . TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . $products_quantity . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_info_manufacturer == 1 and !empty($manufacturers_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER . $manufacturers_name . '</li>' : '') . "\n"; ?>
    </ul>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product details list -->

<!--bof Quantity Discounts table -->
    <?php
    if ($products_discount_type != 0) { ?>
    <?php
    /**
    * display the products quantity discount
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_products_quantity_discounts.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_products_quantity_discounts.php'); ?>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Quantity Discounts table -->
    <!--bof Prev/Next bottom position -->
    <?php if (PRODUCT_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT == 2 or PRODUCT_INFO_PREVIOUS_NEXT == 3) { ?>
    <?php
    /**
    * display the product previous/next helper
    */
    require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_products_next_previous.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_products_next_previous.php'); ?>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof Prev/Next bottom position -->
    <!--bof Tell a Friend button -->
    <?php
    if ($flag_show_product_info_tell_a_friend == 1) { ?>
    <div id="productTellFriendLink" class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo ($flag_show_product_info_tell_a_friend == 1 ? '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND, 'products_id=' . $_GET['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_TELLAFRIEND, BUTTON_TELLAFRIEND_ALT) . '</a>' : ''); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Tell a Friend button -->
    <!--bof Reviews button and count-->
    <?php
    if ($flag_show_product_info_reviews == 1) {
    // if more than 0 reviews, then show reviews button; otherwise, show the "write review" button
    if ($reviews->fields['count'] > 0 ) { ?>
    <div id="productReviewLink" class="buttonRow back"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, zen_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_REVIEWS, BUTTON_REVIEWS_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <p class="reviewCount"><?php echo ($flag_show_product_info_reviews_count == 1 ? TEXT_CURRENT_REVIEWS . ' ' . $reviews->fields['count'] : ''); ?></p>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <div id="productReviewLink" class="buttonRow back"><?php echo '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE, zen_get_all_get_params(array())) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_WRITE_REVIEW, BUTTON_WRITE_REVIEW_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Reviews button and count -->

<!--bof Product date added/available-->
    <?php
    if ($products_date_available > date('Y-m-d H:i:s')) {
    if ($flag_show_product_info_date_available == 1) {
    ?>
    <p id="productDateAvailable" class="productGeneral centeredContent"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE, zen_date_long($products_date_available)); ?></p>
    <?php
    }
    } else {
    if ($flag_show_product_info_date_added == 1) {
    ?>
    <p id="productDateAdded" class="productGeneral centeredContent"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_long($products_date_added)); ?></p>
    <?php
    } // $flag_show_product_info_date_added
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product date added/available -->
    <!--bof Product URL -->
    <?php
    if (zen_not_null($products_url)) {
    if ($flag_show_product_info_url == 1) {
    ?>
    <p id="productInfoLink" class="productGeneral centeredContent"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, zen_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($products_url), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?></p>
    <?php
    } // $flag_show_product_info_url
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof Product URL -->
    <!--bof also purchased products module-->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_also_purchased_products.php', DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/' . 'tpl_modules_also_purchased_products.php');?>
    <!--eof also purchased products module-->
    <!--bof Form close-->
    </form>
    <!--bof Form close-->
    </div>

Plugin Contributions

Ooops, clearBoth got back in there under product description again. I'm assuming I need to remove that again?

Plugin Contributions

try getting rid of this as you eluded to in your first post;

Code:
    <!--eof Product description -->
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <!--bof Attributes Module -->
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Wooo Hooo !!!! Progress :)

They are now up in the area I hoped for. If possible, I'd like the attributes above the cart, or to the left (current positions reversed), but this is a huge step better :)

Wish I could remember when I put that clearBoth back, because I know I removed it in all my attempts last night :) I need to be more careful tracking changes I thinks !

Plugin Contributions

Speaking of changes. When I tried to at least get them to line up under everything I think I changed the cart to float left. I can change that back to right, but don't want to cause confusion making changes while you're looking at it. Let me know if I should do it now.

Thanks again !!

Plugin Contributions

The simple solution of moving and floating the various sections around where you want them works well if your final design goal is also a simple one.

However, after reading your description of what you want and looking at your site, you'll also need to do some minor surgery by adding a couple of bounding boxes and floating those boxes instead of the sections.
    For example:
    --------------------- ------------------
    | imageBox | | productBox |
    | | | |

| extraImagesBox| | attributesBox |
    | | | |

You'd also need to create additional declarations in your stylesheet.css for these boxes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    The simple solution of moving and floating the various sections around where you want them works well if your final design goal is also a simple one.

However, after reading your description of what you want and looking at your site, you'll also need to do some minor surgery by adding a couple of bounding boxes and floating those boxes instead of the sections.
    For example:
    | imageBox | | productBox |
    | | | |

| extraImagesBox| | attributesBox |
    | | | |

You'd also need to create additional declarations in your stylesheet.css for these boxes.

Well, that's no fun

Actually, I'm not all THAT worried about what goes where, but I'd like the attributes with the cart, and additional images with the main image. I'm sure I'm missing other possible layouts besides just the one I think would look best in my head, which isn't working well at the moment I might add :)

Plugin Contributions

Actually what Clyde suggested is very simple to do. For example, the attributes section:

Find
    PHP Code:
    <!--bof Attributes Module --> 
    and add a line after it
    PHP Code:
    <!--bof Attributes Module -->
    <
    div id=attributesBox
    then close the div at the end of the section
    PHP Code:
    </div>
    <!--
    eof Attributes Module --> 
    Then in your stylesheet.css, add a line that says
    PHP Code:
    #attributesBox {

floatleft;

width:50&#37;;

or whatever styling you want.

Repeat for other sections as Clyde showed.