Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Border Problem and Text under main page category image problem

Hi everyone!

Im having a right old problem here with a couple of things and have no idea what to do, even though iv been on ages trying to sort it out.

The first thing i should tell you is that this is a (colour) modified version of the purpleshades template

The first problem is that i have 9 categories of products, all with their own images, on the homepage. The border does not correctly snap around the categories, it goes through the bottom category instead of under it (see first pic below). The weird thing about this is, is that if i add "featured products" or "new products for febuary to the homepage, it looks fine (see pic 2 below)

The arrow in green is where its currently bordering to, the arrow in red (with lines) is where i want it to go to

Here the blue arrow (with the tick) show that by adding featured items, it borders fine. The only problem is - i dont want featured items to be on the page (red).

The other problem im having, is that i need to remove the text below the category images (see purple arrow on picture 2) though i cant seem to find the code to cut to allow me to do this.

Im really stuck , if anyone can help with either of my 2 problems, it would be really appreciated, as i cant do much more with this project until this part is sorted.

Many thanks everyone in advanced for any help you can give

Regards

C

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Border Problem and Text under main page category image problem

While pics are fine to point out your issues but a url assists in seeing the issue live on your setup and not have to guess
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

ah ha, sorry url is www.necsweb3.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

OK so do you want the featured displayed but with our the title bar??

Or not at all?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

i dont want featured items to be there at all, though when i turn featured off the border goes through my categories instead of under it, so its forcing me to keep it on, otherwise my site will look silly

Plugin Contributions

Looking at this,it appears to be only in IE as in FF, NS & Opera it renders correctly....don't we love IE??? You can search here for the many solutions to bugs in IE and or look in the downloads section for the 1.3.x xhtml compliant update to this template/ This is a bit of a step backward as the stylesheet will have to re-done due to the update not using the tables that are in the vrion that you are using but might be the better way forward
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the reponse, any ideas how to remove the text links under my category links?

Many thanks

C

Plugin Contributions

Making a copy of includes/modules/category_row.php
    and placing it in your includes/modules/purpleshades/ folder find and omit the red highlighted entry after the <br/> and maybe the other also - save and upload

Code:
        $list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="categoryListBoxContents"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',
                                               'text' => '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories->fields['categories_image'], $categories->fields['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' . $categories->fields['categories_name'] . '</a>');
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten