Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Logo Sidebox Help

hi Trinity,
    well i put all the code in a file, called it with
    $content . include in the end of the template logo php file
    i've tried splitting it up with the css in the main stylesheet
    and the js/html ( what your referring to ) called by the
    template logo php and the logo defines php. with no luck.
    whats your thoughts /suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Try this code in your logo_sidebox_defines.php
    HTML Code:
    define('LOGO_SIDEBOX_LINK', '"http:///sealserver.trustwave.com/cert.php?customerId=w6oj3BZ9ZhnnLcVNVXtmgytnQ66qDb&size=105x54&style=" rel="external" target="_blank"');//only if you want to open in a new window
    Let me know if this gets you on the right track...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity14 View Post
    Try this code in your logo_sidebox_defines.php
    HTML Code:
    define('LOGO_SIDEBOX_LINK', '"http:///sealserver.trustwave.com/cert.php?customerId=w6oj3BZ9ZhnnLcVNVXtmgytnQ66qDb&size=105x54&style=" rel="external" target="_blank"');//only if you want to open in a new window
    Let me know if this gets you on the right track...
    remove the http:///<- extra character...gah!

Plugin Contributions

no that doesn't work and
    i turned it on in the tpl file too..

where did you find the extra fat fingered "/" ?

Plugin Contributions

anybody?
    i'm getting the map to to show up but not in the sidebox..where it belongs
    its getting rendered before the page loads so its at the top or its in the column
    above the sidebox. there is no issue with just putting the gif in the sidebox but its not a clickable map...
    nor is there a problem with just setting the code for the one hyperlink as the stock logobox addon does.

the css is in the main stylesheet and the other code is in a file that i have called
    as a whole via $content . include ''; and i have put each line of code in the tpl or the defines files via
    $content .'';

any pointers or examples ?

thanks
    Last edited by scooter; 4 Nov 2014 at 06:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    the other code is in a file that i have called
    as a whole via $content . include '';
    Um ... you can't use include() to stuff the contents of a file into the $content variable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

well i gave up on the logo sidebox idea and found
    the editable sidebox and that was the way to go . just enter the
    code in the define editor and your done . image map in a sidebox!

Plugin Contributions

Not to mention that $content . include '' is javascript, not PHP, and wouldn't even be recognized by the processor...

Plugin Contributions

Installing this plugin on Zen Cart 1.5.8a with PHP 7.4 causes the customer-side page to appear blank. I can log in to the admin interface and see the plugin under Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.

The log file looks like this.

Code:
    [02-Jan-2024 13:08:23 America/Vancouver] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_template_dir() on null in /WEBROOT/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_classic/logo_sidebox_defines.php:26
    Stack trace:
    #0 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/FilesLanguageLoader.php(39): include_once()
    #1 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/CatalogFilesLanguageLoader.php(92): Zencart\LanguageLoader\FilesLanguageLoader->loadFileDefineFile('includes/langua...')
    #2 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/CatalogFilesLanguageLoader.php(18): Zencart\LanguageLoader\CatalogFilesLanguageLoader->LoadLanguageExtraDefinitions()
    #3 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/LanguageLoader.php(29): Zencart\LanguageLoader\CatalogFilesLanguageLoader->loadInitialLanguageDefines(Object(Zencart\LanguageLoader\LanguageLoader))
    #4 /WEBROOT/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php(87): Zencart\LanguageLoader\LanguageLoader->loadInitialLanguageDefines()
    #5 /WEBROOT/includes/autoload_func.php(40): require_once('/home/SERVERNAME/...')
    #6 /WEBROOT/includes/application_top.php(237): require('/home/SERVERNAME/...')
    #7 /WEBROOT/index.php(25): require('/home/SERVERNAME/...')
    #8 {main}
      thrown in /WEBROOT/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_classic/logo_sidebox_defines.php on line 26

[02-Jan-2024 13:08:23 America/Vancouver] Request URI: /1.5.8/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=131, IP address: 75.156.33.72
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_template_dir() on null in /WEBROOT/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_classic/logo_sidebox_defines.php:26
    Stack trace:
    #0 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/FilesLanguageLoader.php(39): include_once()
    #1 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/CatalogFilesLanguageLoader.php(92): Zencart\LanguageLoader\FilesLanguageLoader->loadFileDefineFile('includes/langua...')
    #2 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/CatalogFilesLanguageLoader.php(18): Zencart\LanguageLoader\CatalogFilesLanguageLoader->LoadLanguageExtraDefinitions()
    #3 /WEBROOT/includes/classes/ResourceLoaders/LanguageLoader.php(29): Zencart\LanguageLoader\CatalogFilesLanguageLoader->loadInitialLanguageDefines(Object(Zencart\LanguageLoader\LanguageLoader))
    #4 /WEBROOT/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php(87): Zencart\LanguageLoader\LanguageLoader->loadInitialLanguageDefines()
    #5 /WEBROOT/includes/autoload_func.php(40): require_once('/home/SERVERNAME/...')
    #6 /WEBROOT/includes/application_top.php(237): require('/home/SERVERNAME/...')
    #7 /WEBROOT/index.php(25): require('/home/SERVERNAME/...')
    #8 {main}
      thrown in /WEBROOT/includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/responsive_classic/logo_sidebox_defines.php on line 26.
    Stack trace seems to be ordered such that #2 calls #1 calls #0

Since the plugin was last updated in 2011 and PHP is unstable its not a surprise that something is going wrong.

There are three PHP files in this plugin.

logo_sidebox_defines.php
    logo_sidebox.php
    tpl_logo_sidebox.php

logo_sidebox_defines.php treats the default logo as logo_test.jpg but no such file is included by default. The readme says that you should "Save your new image to includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/your_image.???" I updated those three defines but the customer-side site still appears blank and the same error appeared in the logs.

define('LOGO_SIDEBOX_IMAGE_WIDTH', '125');
    define('LOGO_SIDEBOX_IMAGE_HEIGHT', '125');
    define('LOGO_SIDEBOX_IMAGE', 'logo_test.jpg');

I will keep staring at this and looking for other hypotheses.

Plugin Contributions

Adding
    Code:
    global $template;
    near the top of logo_sidebox_defines.php as per PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_template_dir() on null in credit_cards seems to fix this problem

Now I am experimenting with formatting the image per Docs | Add Image to Sidebox of Centerbox Thanks to the forum posters and documentation writers!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast